Only One Can Prosper

Sebastian cried out in shock as he fell to the ground, Clary pinning him to the cold stone floor, her fangs bared.
"You can't- you drank it! I saw you! You should be mine!" He cried in confusion.
"I'm not. I will never be yours," she snarled. Sebastian began to struggle, trying, in vain, to break free from her vice-like hold.
"Only one of us can prosper Jonathan," she said coldly.
"I am not Jonathan!" He yelled, finally breaking free. He unsheathed his seraph blade, pointing it at his sisters heart. "Don't be stupid sister, come with me before I hurt you,"
"Very well, I won't kill for you, I won't leave Jace behind. I am not a Morgenstern!" She lunged for him once again, but she narrowly missed, slamming into the flaky plaster wall instead.
"Very well sister, I've given you more than enough chances to save yourself. Now you will burn," he raised his blade, ready to strike Clary down where she stood.
Suddenly arms were around his neck, choking him. He flailed helplessly, unable to break Jace's iron grip.
"Stay away from her!" Jace snarled into his enemy's ear.
The door was thrown open, bursting from it's hinges. Ariel and Kayla were dragged inside, struggling to break free of their captors. Alec and Amatis. They looked at their master in shock, throwing the sisters to the ground. They began to wrestle Jace, attempting to free Sebastian.
Clary knew what she had to do, but not how to go about it. His slaves would never let her close enough.
"Distract them," she ordered, throwing seraph blades to Ariel and Kayla. They grasped the weapons firmly as Jace's grip on Sebastian finally loosened.
Havoc ensued as battle broke out. Ariel and Kayla fought to distract Alec and Amatis while Clary and Jace fearlessly faced Sebastian.
Though it was two on one they may as well have been out numbered.Sebastian never seemed phased by the weapons the pointed at him, he just kept coming and coming, wearing them out with his quick reflexes.
"Clary what do we do?" Jace called, panting.
"I- I don't know. We- we've failed," she dropped her weapon. "He truly cannot be stopped. I thought we could defeat him, but not even the entire covenant could," Jace stared at her in shock.
Why is she giving up? He asked, she can't give up! She never gives up!
"Good, you've finally seen sense. So I have prospered," Sebastian smiled triumphantly. Jace watched in horror as Clary knelt before her brother, her head bowed. "I see you wish for forgiveness. Well, very well Clarissa. You and Jace are pardoned. But, if you put a foot out of line I will have him killed,"
"Thank you Sebastian," She said softly. "May- may I give you a rune, a sign of your victory?"
"Very well, but make it quick. We must leave," Clary took hold of his wrist, using the stele she had taken from Jace to weave an intricate pattern of gold on his skin.
She stood back to admire her handy work as Sebastian sunk to his knees in agony.
"W-What have you done?" He cried in pain.
"The rune. It was sent to me by the angel Raziel. It causes heavenly fire to course through the veins of whoever bears it. There is no way to remove it. You will die,"
A flicker of fear passed over her brothers face, but it was soon displace as the pain tore through him once again.
"Please Clary..." he wheezed weakly, "I-" he fell silent as he drew his final breath, falling fully to the ground.
__________________________
There you guys go, Sebastian is finally dead. The story is almost over, there are just one or two chapters to be written 😢
Thank you for all the wonderful comments you've left!!!!!
I'll see you in the next chapter xoxo 💖😺