Aftermath

Clary knelt in shock, staring at the body of her brother. He was a monster, she knew that. But a feeling of loss clawed at her heart. Not for him as she knew him, but for the brother she could have had. The brother she'd always wanted.
She rose slowly, knowing that her sorrow would get her nowhere. As she did she studied the scene around her.
Jace was knelt beside his parabaiti as Alec sat, dazed and confused. Amatis lead on the cold ground, it was clear that she wasn't breathing. Clary knew that she would have to tell Luke of his sisters fate, but she couldn't bear to think about it.
Ariel and Kayla spoke quietly, still huddled in the corner. They were both pale and kept stealing glances at Sebastian's lifeless body, as if to make sure that he was still dead.
***
Months passed and Clary wished that she could hide away and escape the pressure that weighed on her shoulders.
Soon after Sebastian died the Clave arrived, whisking them off to Idris to be questioned. For weeks they were trialled using the mortal sword. The cold metal felt hot against their sweaty palms and it seemed to burn the truth out of them.
They recounted every detail, of how Clary had been enchanted into forgetting her true allegiance and loving her brother, of how she was ordered to kill Jace, and how Sebastian experimented on her, turning her into a hybrid.
After the questioning she was separated from her loved ones, locked away like a prisoner because the covenant feared that she was a danger to all. They experimented on her, trying to find a cure.
After many months they succeeded and she was freed. She was overjoyed to see Jace, Simon and her parents again.
Days after her release Clary and Jace announced their engagement. The world was finally safe... for now.
__________________________
Hi guys,
It's almost over!!!!! 😢 I've just got 1 more chapter to write and then it's over. I hope you've enjoyed this chapter and the rest of my book. Thank you so much for all your votes and supportive comments. I'll see you in my next, and final, chapter xoxo