Heavenly Fire

Jace walked slowly to his room, knowing what to expect. Clary, the love of his life sneering at him. He didn't know how much more he could take.
"Alec? she asked hopefully as he entered.
"What?" he replied, confused.
"Oh, it's you. Never mind. What do you want?"
"You know how I feel Clary. I love you,"
"You lie! You're incapable of love. Did you tell anyone that you locked me away, tried to force me to love you? You can't lie to me Jace, my scars are proof,"
"I know what you think. I'm not going to force you to think other wise. I can tell that the Clary I loved is dead. But, I just have to do this," he moved slowly towards her.
"Jace, what are you doing?" she asked, fear clutching at her heart. "No! Please! Don't!" she squealed in terror, realising what was happening.
As Jace moved towards her his body began to glow, the heavenly fire coursing through his veins, roasting him from the inside out. He didn't care. He didn't even notice. When he reached the bed he bent down, his face nearing Clary's. She let out a low whimper of fear. But a part of her wanted what was coming, looked forward to it. She was so confused.
His lips met hers, kissing her fiercely. The heavenly fire caused Jace's skin to glow brighter and brighter until Clary was enveloped in light. Suddenly she began to kiss back, fiercely. He ended the kiss, startled.
"Jace!" Clary's eyes brimmed with tears of joy. "Thank you! You saved me!"
"What?" Jace replied, startled and suspicious.
"The heavenly fire! It broke the spell! I'm free!"
"I-I don't believe you."
"Alec!" she yelled suddenly.
"What?" Jace didn't understand.
"He's Sebastian's spy. He's hypnotised or something. He's been ordered to rescue me! Please Jace, you have to believe me! Don't let him take me. Sebastian tortured me. It was awful. And, and I've let him kiss me! I loved him! I'm so sorry!"
"I-I can't tell!"
"Can't tell what?"
"If you're lying to me or not. I'm sorry, you have to stay here until we can be sure."
"I understand," she said, tears of shame flowing down her cheeks.
Suddenly a loud knocking filled the institute.
"I have to go," Jace muttered, leaving Clary alone once more.
_________________________
So there you have it. Is Clabastian no more, or is it another of Clary's tricks? Find out in the next chapter...