Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

Disclaimer: All recognizable characters belong to JKR. All situations are mine. No $$$ is being made from this fanfic.

*******************************

Chapter 3 ~ The Wedding

Hermione’s parents were not thrilled about their little girl’s forced marriage to Professor Snape. Her mother was so distraught that she refused to attend the wedding. When Hermione told her why she was marrying the Professor, her mother wanted to know why she didn’t just leave the wizarding world and come home.

“Mum, I’m a witch. Asking me to leave the wizarding world is like asking a fish to leave the ocean and live on land. I’d die. Anyway, I am already registered as a witch. The Ministry could come get me, as could any of the deatheaters. I’m better off marrying the Professor. Don’t worry mum, it is only a marriage in name only,” Hermione said, trying to comfort her mother, “It won’t last long. Even now people are working on overturning the law. We can have the marriage annulled later.”

Her mother felt a little better about this but still refused to go to the wedding. Her father, on the other hand was raring to go.

“I want to meet this Snape character,” he said to his daughter, his eyes narrowed.

“Now Dad,” Hermione said warningly. Her father was very protective about his only daughter. A confrontation between him and the Potions Master was very likely. “Professor Snape is a very powerful wizard. You can’t get into a brawl with him.”

Hermione’s father was a big man. He stood six feet and weighed about two hundred and ninety pounds. He was a dentist, but he worked out and had a huge chest and arms. He wasn’t above throttling a gent if he got out of hand either. Many men who had hit on Hermione’s mum found this out the hard way. Her dad wasn’t young, but he was in good shape. If the Professor didn’t tell him what he wanted to hear concerning his daughter, there could be some nasty business.

“Jonathan, you make sure he knows not to mistreat our baby,” Hermione’s mum sniffed at her husband, who put a huge, comforting arm around his petite wife.

“Don’t worry, Sarah. I’ll read him the riot act loud and clear,” he said, kissing her on the temple and giving her a squeeze. Hermione sighed. She hoped the Professor would restrain himself when her father talked to him. She’d hate to have to hex her husband on their wedding day.

Hermione made arrangements for Harry to pick her father up on Saturday. Since her mother wasn’t coming, she invited Ginny in her stead. The witch was elated. She’d get to see first hand if Hermione made any kind of impression on the Potions Master. The bride was going to look absolutely delicious.

*******************************

Saturday came quickly. Hermione was up bright and early. She didn’t sleep well the night before, but Ginny was prepared for that and brought replenishing and pepper-up potion for her. She helped Hermione bathe and dress for her nuptials. The witch was so nervous she had to keep toweling off her sweaty palms. Finally, Ginny flooed to the infirmary and got a calming potion from Madame Pomfrey, who was very understanding.

“That poor little witch,” she said, handing Ginny the potion. “I hope she comes out of this all right.”

Ginny thanked the healer and returned to Hermione’s rooms and gave her the potion. It worked, almost too well. Now Hermione was as calm as if she took a handful of tranquilizers. Her amber eyes had a glazed look to them. Ginny decided to dose her with another bit of pepper up potion before they left.

*****************************

Harry had retrieved Mr. Granger as scheduled. Now the burly, chestnut haired muggle stood in Albus’ office, scowling slightly, waiting to meet his son-in-law. The Headmaster offered him a seat, but he said he preferred to stand. Harry and the Headmaster looked at each other worriedly as Hermione’s father paced the office. He didn’t look happy. More than likely, Professor Snape wouldn’t be in the best of moods either.