Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5

Chapter 5 ~ The Wedding Night

When Hermione walked into Gryffindor Tower the first thing she saw in the common room was Ron sitting on the sofa surrounded by several sympathetic female housemates, all saying “Poor Ron,” and petting him She snorted. However Ron might have felt about her being taken to the dungeons, he seemed to be recovering nicely.

Harry, who was sitting on the edge of the sofa, was the first to see Hermione come in.

“Hermione!” he cried, jumping up and running towards her. Then he did a double take and tried to stop, sliding right into her. They both fell.

“Oops, sorry ‘Mione,” Harry said, standing up and helping her to her feet.

By now everyone in the common room was looking at Harry and the new Mrs. Snape. And what a Mrs. Snape she was. Dressed like she was, Hermione was the hottest thing to come through Gryffindor Tower in a while. The male students had to roll their tongues back up into their mouths, and the girls looked at her with narrowed eyes.

“Wow, Hermione,” Harry said, looking at her appreciatively. “You look…look..damn. Hot just doesn’t do it.”

Hermione smiled at him. “Ginny,” she said. Harry nodded. Yep. It looked like Ginny’s work all right. Hermione looked awesome. Ron wrestled away from the bevy of girls surrounding him, ran up to Hermione and grabbed her, swinging her around.

“Hermione! You’re all right!” he cried, setting the dizzy witch down.

“I’m fine, Ron,” she said.

“How’d you get away from him?” Ron asked, “Did you hex him?”

“No, Ron. He had a date,” she replied.

“A date?” Ron echoed, as the other students’ ears perked up.

The information that Professor Snape went on a date on his wedding night circulated through the common room quickly. Most students had assumed this was a real marriage and Hermione would be shagging the Potions Master. Obviously, they had been mistaken. Shudders went up all around. Who would date Snape? But then again, they wondered who’d marry the git. Hermione answered that question.

“Yes, a date. So I decided I come visit you to let you know I was okay. You seemed very upset when I left with him,” Hermione said, her eyes sliding to the group of girls still on the sofa, “though it seems you were recovering fine.”

Ron looked at the girls.

“Yes, I guess I was doing all right,” he said sheepishly. “But it’s good to know he didn’t put the moves on you.”

“I don’t think that will be happening, Ron. He has plenty to keep his mind off me,” she said.

She looked over at the chessboard.

“How about a game of wizard’s chess, Harry?” she asked brightly.

“Sure, Hermione,” Harry said, walking over to the board. Hermione joined him, followed by about ten Gryffindor wizards, all determined to help her win, and get her attention. Hell, she wasn’t really Snape’s wife after all…and she certainly looked attainable. Very unlike the Hermione Granger of the past several years. Their hot little eyes swept over her curves and lingered on her little belly button hoop. Hermione was sizzling.

Hermione beat Harry and took on another wizard. She declined playing Ron, he was too good. Ron was pouting a bit at all the attention the other students were paying to Hermione. She seemed to be enjoying it, smiling at the wizards and laughing at their jokes, and, could he believe it, flirting?