CHAPTER 12

CHAPTER 12

Chapter 11 ~ Blood Right

Voldemort sat on his throne, looking bored as he watched the remains of the evening’s entertainment be dragged away. A muggle woman. She hadn’t been much fun, passing out after only the seventh raping. The Dark Lord ordered her flayed alive, then her throat cut. She let out a few blood-curdling screams as the skin was cut from her body, but she passed out again. Even the enervate incantation wouldn’t rouse her. Not much fun at all. Lazily, he scourgified the blood from in front of his throne, and looked around at the few deatheaters that stood watching, anxious to serve him.

“I am bored,” he said to them. They all cringed. Well, almost all.

The Dark Lord half-heartedly cast the Cruciatus curse on a deatheater that was engaged in conversation with another, watching him writhe in agony for a few moments before he released the wizard, and he fell gasping to the floor. Voldemort sighed. He wanted some action. Maybe he should send his followers out to round up a few small muggle children to feed to Nagini. They were always good for a laugh as they ran screaming for their mothers, pursued by the snake. It was more fun once the remaining children realized what the snake was going to do to them. Voldemort was just about to give the order when he felt Severus reaching out for him. Hm. The Potions Master was in a rare mood. This could prove interesting. The Dark Lord issued the summons and in a moment, Severus appeared, and knelt on one knee before him.

“Ah, Severus. It’s been a while since you’ve been in my presence,” Voldemort said in his high-pitched voice, his forked tongue flicking out for a moment, tasting the air and the scent of the wizard before him. “I sense you are disturbed about something. Something you feel I can help you with.”

“Yes, my Lord,” Severus replied, still on one knee, his head bowed.

“Rise and approach me then, loyal servant, and tell me what it is that troubles you,” the Dark Lord said.

“Thank you, my Lord,” Severus said rising, lowering his hood and removing his mask, sticking it in the robes pocket. His black eyes were glittering with hatred. Voldemort liked that look. Severus had a horrible, violent temper. Whenever he got that look in his eye, things were bound to get entertaining.

“My Lord, I ask you for the Blood Right concerning Lucius Malfoy,” the Potions Master said, looking Voldemort squarely in the eye. The Dark Lord didn’t really approve of this. It wasn’t the proper deference, but the Potions Master was obviously overcome with emotion, so he let it slide…for now. Voldemort straightened on his throne, interested. The Blood Right was the right to kill a deatheater for some unforgivable crime against another. Severus wanted to kill Lucius? Interesting.

“Why would you want to kill Lucius, Severus?” the Dark Lord asked him.

“He violated my wife, my Lord,” Severus said in a low voice.

“Ah yes. The little mudblood you married. The one my deatheaters have been clamoring for as treat for a Revel. Your marriage to her under the eyes of that damnable Headmaster ruined my plans for her,” the Dark Lord said, his red eyes narrowing a bit with displeasure. “But she’s a mere mudblood, Severus. Surely a little sport with her doesn’t warrant Lucius’ death.”

“My Lord, the witch was not amicable to his advances. In order to share a wife, there has to be consent…is that not the law?” Severus replied, pressing the wizard.

Voldemort looked at him tiredly.

“Yes, Severus….that is the law…but as I said, she’s a mudblood. Hardly even a real witch,” Voldemort said. Severus felt the blood rush to his head. He fought to control himself.