CHAPTER 11

CHAPTER 11

Chapter 11 ~ An Attack on the Potions Master’s Wife

Lucius grasped Hermione by her throat and dragged her up from the desk. Then he turned her and fisted his hand in her hair tightly, bringing his mouth close to her ear.

“Let us go into the study, Mrs. Snape,” he said, guiding her forward and through the open study door. Once inside, he pulled the torch with one hand and lowered the door. He said a ward over it. Then he pushed Hermione forward roughly, releasing her hair. He was very familiar with Severus’ rooms.

Hermione stumbled forward and turned. The side of her face was throbbing where the blonde wizard had struck her. She brought her hand to the side of her face. It hurt. She probably had a bruise there. She looked at the wizard wide-eyed.

Lucius stood there, looking cool and collected, his gray eyes sweeping over her with an unmistakable gleam.

“What do you want?” Hermione asked him.

Lucius began to unbutton his robes.

“You, Mrs. Snape. You’re going to help me settle an old debt I have with your husband,” he said as his hands moved deftly down the front of his robes.

“What kind of debt?” Hermione asked him, her eyes wandering slightly, looking for something she could use to defend herself.

“Back when I married my wife, Narcissa, Severus exercised his right to share her, with her consent of course. I don’t know what he did to her, but she was smitten with him…”

Here Malfoy’s eyes went dark with rage.

“…and to this day her eyes go smoky at the mention of his name. I believe my wife loves your husband, Mrs. Snape. He stole her heart from me. I doubt that I will do the same to you unless you have some sick love of pain, but I will get my pound of flesh and ruin his wife like he ruined mine.”

Lucius peeled off his robes. He only wore a pair of boxers underneath. He was a very well built wizard, with a broad chest, washboard stomach, well-defined abs and strong legs. His boxers were tented.

“Undress,” he said, his eyes going hard. “Cooperate and I’ll be quick.”

Hermione looked around the room desperately and then ran. Lucius was expecting this and took off behind her. Hermione got an armchair between them, her back facing the fireplace.

“You’ll be sorry you did that, Mrs. Snape,” Lucius breathed. Then he shoved the chair forward, catching Hermione off guard and hitting her legs so she fell forward into the chair. Lucius quickly reached over it and grabbed her by her hair again, pulling her painfully up in the chair and slapping her face hard several times. Hermione screamed.

“Yes!” he said walking around the chair, still holding on to her hair and standing behind her. He began to tug at her sweatpants, yanking them downward.

“Perfect position, Mrs. Snape,” he breathed as her knickers came into view. Suddenly he reached around and grasped Hermione’s breast, squeezing it hard, causing pain to shoot up her chest as she screamed again. He yanked it, inciting a fresh scream, then twisted her face toward him and covered her mouth with his, shoving his tongue almost down her throat, raping her mouth. He pulled away from her, and slapped her again, before yanking her knickers down and exposing her ass.

“How pert and pretty,” he breathed, then he slapped her ass hard, making Hermione sob and leaving a handprint.

“Severus will like seeing my handprint on your ass, I bet,” Lucius breathed as he pulled her towards him. Hermione felt him spread her cheeks.

“Ah, looks like you’ve never been fucked in the ass, Mrs. Snape. A first for you. How lovely for me. You’re in for a treat, my dear,” he breathed, “A shame I have no lubrication.”

Hermione heard him rustle, then spit. Then she felt his cock pressing between her cheeks.

“NO!!” she screamed, struggling. Lucius grabbed the back of her neck horribly tight and shook her like a rat, then punched her in the ribs as hard as he could. There was a cracking sound. Hermione let out a groan and fell forward in the chair. Gods, that hurt.

“Now, hold still,” Lucius said. Again, Hermione felt him pressing between her cheeks. She couldn’t let him do this. She felt him pull back, and desperately kicked her foot upward. Malfoy let out a choked yell. She had kicked him in his cock.

“I’ll kill you, you bitch!” Malfoy groaned, holding himself and looking at her with death in his eyes. Hermione pulled up her pants and climbed over the chair, adrenaline helping her to try and escape as Malfoy moved toward her. But he was in pain and couldn’t move very fast. Hermione’s eyes shifted toward the box of floo powder on the fireplace…she just had to get him out a bit farther.

“I’ll never let you fuck me,” she said to him, “you filthy deatheater.”

“I’m not going to fuck you. I’m going to kill you,” he breathed, coming toward her.

Hermione waited as long as she dared, then darted past him…but he managed to grab her t-shirt. It tore as Hermione lunged for the floo powder and threw it into the flames. Malfoy let out a roar when he saw what she had done and rushed to get to her before she could get through. The flames turned green.

“Main hall!” Hermione screamed, diving through the floo, topless.

She landed sprawled in front of the main hall floo. She scrambled away from it.

“SEVERUS!” she screamed into the empty hall, her voice echoing through the silent castle, tears streaming down her burning face as she covered her breasts as best she could, and folded over, rocking against the pain in her side.

“SEVERUS!” Hermione screamed again, sounding like a wounded animal. “WHERE ARE YOU? SEVERUS!”

The Potions Master was in the third floor corridor when he heard his wife’s anguished voice rising from the main hall. His blood ran cold.

“HERMIONE! I’M COMING!” he bellowed, taking off at a run to the stairwells, his heart pounding, not knowing why she was screaming for him in such a broken, crazed manner. He arrived at the landing and saw his wife below, no shirt on, bent over and screaming for him at the top of her lungs.

“I’m here, Hermione! I’m coming!” he cried.

A disillusioned Lucius Malfoy watched from the head of the dungeon corridor, seething as Snape jumped down the landing to the next set of stairs. He was still in pain, and glared at the bent witch with hatred. The fucking bitch.

“Next time you won’t be so lucky, Mrs. Snape,” he growled. He limped to the main door and cracked it slightly, slipping through into the night.

Severus reached the main stairwell and ran as fast as he could to Hermione. By now, the Head Boy and Girl had also appeared on the upper landings and were looking down, their faces pale. They watched as the Potions Master ran to his wife and gathered her in his arms. She screamed again.

“It’s me, Hermione. Severus. I’m here,” he said trying to calm her. She broke down into wracking sobs.

Severus lifted Hermione’s face and his black eyes went hard as diamonds when he saw the bruises there. Further examination showed finger marks on her throat and a bruise on her left breast.

“Who did this?” he demanded, holding the sobbing witch close.

“Lucius,” she whispered though her sobs, “He said he owed you a debt.”

“I’ll kill him,” the Potions Master said to her. “I promise you, Hermione. I will kill the son of a bitch for touching you.”

Hermione collapsed against him, still sobbing. Severus quickly unbuttoned his robes and threw them around Hermione and lifted her in his arms. She screamed again when his arms went around her waist. Severus pulled back the robes, looked and saw the ugly bruise on her side. He touched it and she cried out. The bastard had cracked her ribs.

“I’ll kill him, Hermione,” Severus said again as he carried the sobbing witch up the stairs and to the infirmary. “I’ll kill him with my bare hands.”

***********************************

Severus watched as Pomfrey worked on Hermione. Her face was badly swollen on one side, her eye closed from the swelling. Ugly finger marks circled her throat, and a large hand shaped bruise colored her right buttock. The bastard had gotten her pants down. Pomfrey examined the witch…and she looked a bit surprised as she looked back at the Potions Master.

“Did he…?” Severus asked her, his belly tight.

“No. She is still…intact,” Pomfrey said, eyeing the Potions Master curiously. His wife was still a virgin. They had been married almost three months now.

Severus sighed in relief. Then his eyes went hard again as he looked at his battered wife. Hermione was naked, but he had no lustful thoughts as he looked at her petite, bruised body. Only vengeful ones. Lucius would pay for this. Dearly.

Pomfrey studied the Potions Master surreptiously. She knew Severus rather well. His exploits with women were the topic of a lot of staff gossip. How was it that Hermione was still untouched by him? This would cause quite a stir over coffee tomorrow.

“How is she otherwise?” he asked the medi-witch, rousing her from her thoughts of gossip.

“Her ribs are badly cracked. He hit her very hard…probably with the intention of breaking them. Her face is badly bruised as well as her body. I will mend her ribs and treat her bruises. She will be here for a couple of nights. I want to make sure there is no internal damage. I can’t believe Lord Malfoy would do such a thing,” Pomfrey said, looking at the young witch with sympathy.

“He’s done worse, believe me,” Severus seethed, “but this is the last time. Take care of her, Poppy. I have something I have to do.”

“Severus! Don’t leave me,” Hermione called to him. The Potions Master hesitated, then walked back to the bed.

“I promised to protect you, Hermione. I failed you. I’m sorry. But I am going to make Lucius pay for what he’s done to you. Rest. I will return after a while,” Severus said.

“I don’t want you to go, Severus. I don’t want anything to happen to you,” she said despairingly.

The Potions Master felt his chest tighten at the fear in her voice. Fear for him. She cared about him.

“Nothing’s going to happen to me, Hermione. Trust me,” he said softly, “We still have things to do.” Then he kissed her forehead.

Pomfrey sniffed a little at this rare display of affection by the Potions Master. Severus stood up and scowled at her teary-eyed look.

“You just take care of her until I get back Poppy,” he said gruffly. He strode toward the infirmary doors, his eyes ablaze. When he reached them, they swung open and Albus Dumbledore stood there.

“I heard what happened Severus. I came as soon as I could. How is she?” the Headmaster asked him as he studied the Potions Master.

“Broken and bruised, that’s how she is,” he said, making as if to step around the old wizard. Albus stood in his way.

“You can’t go into his presence like this, Severus. You are too angry. He’ll be displeased,” the Headmaster said, trying to reason with the irate Professor.

“Right now, Voldemort can kiss my pale ass. I want Lucius Malfoy and he’s going to grant me permission to kill him for this atrocity…or I will kill him without it. No one abuses my wife. No one,” Severus said.

“Severus, remember…this is a marriage of convenience. Hermione is your wife in name only,” the Headmaster said, his blue eyes somber.

“She is still my wife, and under my protection,” the Potions Master retorted. “I haven’t even touched her. You think I will allow Lucius to, and live?”

“Severus, soon the marriage law will be overturned, and Hermione will be gone. Do you want to risk everything you’ve gained for something that will not last? You may do irreparable damage to your relationship with the Dark Lord if you pursue this,” the Headmaster said.

The Potions Master looked at Albus, his black eyes filled with a terrible light.

“I promised Hermione I would avenge her. And I will. The Dark Lord be damned,” he said coldly and with conviction. Albus was aware of a surge of magic around the wizard. Something took hold. Something powerful. An Oath by the feel of it. Albus knew there was no stopping the Potions Master now. He was magically bound to avenge his wife. The Headmaster sighed.

“Very well, Severus. Go and do what you must. But remember, the wizarding world counts on you greatly. If we lose you, we may lose everything,” the Headmaster said.

The Potions Master looked back toward the infirmary with a rather heated look. He turned back to Albus.

“I have to come back,” he said, “I have unfinished business with my wife.”

With that, the Potions Master walked past Albus and disappeared down the corridor. Albus looked after him a moment, then entered the infirmary to see how Hermione was doing.

*******************************

Severus took the closest floo to his rooms, walked directly into his bedroom and to the far wall. He pressed a series of bricks, and the wall slid open, revealing a set of robes and a skeletal half-mask. He removed his staff robes and donned the set in the niche. He pulled the mask over his head, and raised his hood.

He was now in deatheater mode.

Severus concentrated on the Dark Lord, trying to reach him. Suddenly the Potions Master gripped his forearm, as his Mark began to burn. He had succeeded in contacting Voldemort and the summons was being issued. Grimacing, he disapparated.

He was going to see the Dark Lord.