CHAPTER 15

CHAPTER 15

Chapter 15 ~ In the Infirmary

Albus arrived in Severus’ bedroom and gently levitated the Potions Master through the floo. Poppy was waiting on the other side and guided him gently to a cot at the far end of the infirmary. The Potions Master hated being in the infirmary and always insisted on being as far from public view as possible. Not that he was in any condition to complain, but they respected his wishes.

Hermione followed them up, and she and Albus stood by as Poppy examined him. When the medi-witch gently rolled him over, Hermione gasped and burst into tears. Most of the flesh on Severus’ back hung in tattered strips, and what wasn’t was partially scabbed and oozing. He had been scourged, his stripes allowed to partially heal, then beaten again until the raw meat of the muscle was visible beneath the skin that was trying to heal. There was damage to his tendons in his wrists and shoulders so he couldn’t move his arms. Pomfrey said it was probably from him hanging for a long period of time. She assured Hermione she could repair them. He had been beaten severely in the abdominal area as well, with a club or other heavy object. In fact, no part of his body had been spared. It seemed however that the Potions Master had been physically tortured only. There was no sign of the Cruciatus curse being applied.

“He would not have survived if he had been hit with the curse like he usually is,” Pomfrey commented. Ribs on both sides were broken, but luckily none of the bones had pierced any vital organs. One kneecap was completely shattered and his nose was broken. Pomfrey had Hermione leave the room as she cut away Severus’ pants. They were stuck to him by his own dried blood. He had lost an amazing amount to have survived. Pomfrey used a moistened cloth to work the stuck fabric away from his skin.

Hermione could hear her comments from the other side of the curtain.

“Well, it seems the only part of him they didn’t damage is his sexual organs,” the medi-witch said.

“That is probably because Voldemort admires Severus’ sexual prowess,” Albus said, forgetting Hermione was standing outside the curtain. “Severus confided in me that the Dark Lord liked to watch him…er…you know. For entertainment. Because of his size.”

“The Dark Lord is a very sick wizard,” Pomfrey sniffed, “The things Severus has to do for him.”

“It’s part of his job as a spy,” Albus replied sadly, shaking his head.

Hermione’s eyes went wide. The Dark Lord liked to watch Severus fuck? Because of his size? Good gods. How big was he? And who did he have to fuck?

Hermione unconsciously wrapped both her arms around her middle and hugged herself. The Potions Master was or had been Voldemort’s personal porn star. The Headmaster did use the past tense. But still, it was a pretty disconcerting statement to hear about the man that she was considering losing her virginity to.

There was mostly silence for the next hour or so, punctuated by occasional groans from Severus as Pomfrey worked on healing his broken body. Hermione paced back and forth outside the curtain listening intently for any sound he made. He was such a brave wizard. He had to know this would happen to him before he went after Lucius. Did he really think she was worth all of that sacrifice? All of that pain and suffering? The idea that he did was frightening to Hermione. What if she gave herself to him and she wasn’t as good as he thought she’d be? What if he decided after all he’d gone through, she hadn’t been worth it? That would be terrible.

Hermione started suffering from performance anxiety.

Pomfrey came out from behind the curtain, took one look at the shivering witch and dragged her over to her stores and made her drink down a calming draught.