04.

Dahyun came around and opened the door. I stepped out and immediately gazed at the house in front of me. And to top it off, there were a bunch of guys spread out around the outside.

"Welcome", Dahyun suddenly bowed to me. As she did that, the guys that were supposedly standing around the house quickly formed two lines, making a pathway to the entrance.

"Welcome Miss Myoui!", the men shouted as they bowed. Their sudden welcoming flustered me a bit...but really it's just like back home...

"T-thank you...", I said as I walked in the middle of them, making my way to the steps of the entrance. My hands were suddenly starting to sweat. How gross honestly, but I can't help it, I'm actually really nervous!

I gracefully stepped my way up the stairs and was suddenly faced with a man. "My oh my...you must be Renji's daughter!", the man was wearing a long robe, that of which my father also wears. I assume he's the head of this house.

I bowed to him, "Yes, I am Myoui Mina. I'll be in your care". He started laughing, which almost kind of sounded like a laugh that Santa would make. Something like hohoho...?

"You have quite the manners. I love it! Your father always talked much about you. I'm sure he's very proud", he said. "I'm Son Kyung-Soo. Your father and I have known each other for a loooong time". It would of been great if you have told me that, father! 

Mr. Son suddenly snapped his fingers, making one of his men to quickly come over to him. "Yes sir!", the guy said.

"Please show our dear guest to her temporary home", Mr. Son instructed and the guy bowed his head.

"Ne! Right this way Miss Myoui"

I looked up to Mr. Son and saw a slight smile appear on his face. I smiled back and began following the guy.

We walked through the house, and at every chance I could get, I made sure to look at everything in detail. Though the house looked very similar to our clan's mansion, it was entirely different at the same time. The guy walked me through a door that led to what seemed like the courtyard. The courtyard was beautiful...so many flowers and a soothing waterfall was placed in the middle.

"Here you are ma'am!", he slid open a floral door. "This separate section is specifically for you. There's a full kitchen, a washroom, a bathroom, and of course your bedroom". 

"Thank you", I bowed to him and slowly walked through the doorway. My eyes searched the room. I can't believe how clean and comfortable this is!

"If you need anything at all, do feel free to use that phone on the wall to call for me. And Mr. Son has prepared a welcoming dinner for you at 6pm", he bowed and was slowly closing the door. 

"W-wait!", I called out to him.

"Yes ma'am?"

"I didn't quite catch your name...", I said.

He had a blank expression. "It's Kim Ji-Won ma'am...but everyone just calls me Bobby".

"B-bobby...thank you, again". He nodded his head and slowly closed the door.

Everything is happening so fast...but I mean...who knew father would send me to a Korean Mafia's mansion! I sighed and flopped myself onto the nicely made bed.

"Dahyun still has the luggage...I'm sure she'll bring it in soon...", I yawned, which made my eyes feel heavy and soon found myself slowly drifting off.

[. . .]

"M--"

"Miss My--"

"Miss Myoui!", someone tapped on my forehead.

My eyes quickly opened. "YAAHH!", I screamed.

"AHHHH!", Dahyun screamed

"AHhhhh...wait...Dahyun!?", I quickly sat up and she moved back a little. "You scared the living hell out of me! Why were you hovering over!?", my eyes scanned her.

"S-sorry about that Miss...I was calling your name but you never answered. I was even knocking on your door. When I didn't hear any answer I quickly came in to make sure you were okay", she put her hands onto her lap and deeply bowed. "F-forgive me".

Aish...I'm not mad at her, but she literally scared the hell outta me. "I-it's fine Dahyun...I'm not mad, I swear...just got a bit scared seeing your huge face in front of me when I suddenly woke up", I laughed.

"I see...I guess anyone would be frightened by that as well", she laughed. "Ah! The reason I came is because I brought in your luggage...also it's time for dinner". She looked at her watch, "It's 5:51pm. We must head to the dining hall now". She quickly stood up and made way for the door, I followed right behind her.

Dahyun opened a big door which presented a beautiful dining hall.

"Miss Myoui! Glad you could make it", Mr. Son stood up from his chair and greeted me. "Please do sit", I nodded and walked over to the large dining table. One of the men pulled out a chair, allowing me to sit.

As I sat down, I realized I was sitting across from someone I've never met before. My eyes quickly took in his handsome features. Short hair, a really sharp jawline, and a small mole on the right side of his chin. Or wait...would it be his left side... anyways. His eyes suddenly looked my way. That took me by surprise and I quickly turned my head to the side.

"Chaeyoung!", Mr.Son suddenly yelled out. "Where are your manners!? Introduce yourself!".

I slowly turned my head to face him again. 

"Ne. Nice to meet you, I'm Son Chaeyoung!", he bowed his head. As soon as he looked up, a small smile appeared on his face, causing me to suddenly blush.

Mr. Son sighed, "I'm sorry for my daughter's rudeness...she's usually not like this".

"O-oh no it's f--", I quickly stopped talking. Did he say...daughter? D-did I hear that right?!

"D-daughter?", I looked at Mr.Son with my eyebrows raised.

All of a sudden Mr. Son started laughing. "Don't tell me...", he started to laugh harder. Am I...like the only one who isn't aware of something here?

Mr. Son wiped a tear from his face. "Your old man...he sent you here in hopes of marrying my daughter".

Come again? 

-------------------------------------

Don't you hate it when you put frozen food in the

microwave and it doesn't fully cook all the way.

So you're left with food that's half hot and half cold.

That's my biggest failure as a cook >:(