17.

Yawning like a bear that peacefully slept through a hibernation, Chaeyoung awoke. Though only to find herself no longer laying beside Mina.

Her eyes quickly scanned the room, confused as to why she was suddenly alone. Not liking it one bit. 

It feels so cold without her warmth, Chaeyoung thought to herself as she sluggishly sat up in bed. Her hands gripping the uncomfortable stiff sheets and throwing it off of her. A sigh of dissatisfaction escaping her mouth as she stood out of bed. Bothered and quite irritated.

Chaeyoung quickly threw on some casual clothes. She headed for the door but halted, realizing no feelings of pain coming from her chest.

The cub cutely chuckled to herself, knowing exactly who would do such a thing.

Which was none other than Mina. 

While Chaeyoung was peacefully sleeping away, Mina decided to rub some of the herbal medicines she brought with her from Japan onto Chae's wound. And was surprised to know that it actually helped to relieve the pain that was causing the cub to stir restlessly in her sleep.

. . .

"Are you feeling better?", the voice startled Chaeyoung, making her to slowly face the owner of the voice. 

A small smile crept onto her face as she nodded. "I am... and I wonder who should I thank for that?", Chaeyoung skeptically raised her eyebrow as she smirked.

Mina shrugged, playing along with Chaeyoung's little game. "Dunno. Maybe Dahyun?"

"Dahyun?", Chaeyoung chuckled. She already knew Dahyun was the last person to do such things that involved blood, or even just medical assistance in general.

"What's funny?", now it was Mina's turn to be confused.

"You said Dahyun..."

"Yeah...?"

"But do you know?"

"Know what?"

"That girl hates blood. And hospitals"

Mina just blinked. Her mind replayed the moment when they were all in the hospital when Jihyo got injured. She would of never thought that Dahyun had such a phobia.

"You're probably wondering how she withstood being in the hospital when Jihyo was there. Right?". Mina nodded, still shocked from the new information. "It's a long story on why. We'll save it for another day". Chaeyoung pointed to her stomach and rubbed it, "But for now... I'm hungry".

There was no denying that Mina felt hungry as well. She grabbed hold of Chaeyoung, swiftly intertwining their hands. "I've got an idea", the penguin led the way, leaving Chaeyoung curious as to where they were going.

Though Chae was curious, she decided not to ask and just allowed her future wife to guide her through the house.

"It'll just take a moment", Mina quickly tied her hair up into a ponytail. Smirking as she felt Chaeyoung's obvious stare eyeballing her heavy. "Take a picture, it'll last longer", Mina looked over her shoulder and flashed the cub a quick wink. 

Chae's face immediately flustered. "W-whatever...j-just c-cook", she huffed out while crossing her arms like a little kid. Mina chuckled, turning her head to focus back on cooking the special dish she was preparing for the cub.

Once it was finally prepped and ready to serve, Mina quickly sprinkled a dash of green leaves. Chaeyoung saw this and curiously raised her eyebrow as she watched the penguin bringing over the plates.

"What's that?"

"My love", Mina joked, but it definitely got the cub to blush hard. "It's called Saba Misoni, basically mackerel cooked in miso. And those green things on top are called perillas. A beautifully fragrant garnish", she gently set the plates on the table and plopped herself right across from Chaeyoung. "We eat this a lot back home", she smiled sweetly, watching as Chaeyoung smelled the food.

"Smells delicious", the cub hummed as she split her chopsticks in half. Licking her lips as she impatiently scooped up a mouthful of food. The girl was hungry indeed and wasted no time in scarfing it down.

"Don't choke now", the penguin chuckled. Happy to see that the cub enjoyed her food.

"Uwah", Chaeyoung sighed in satisfaction. "Wifey material already", she shook her head in disbelief at how delicious the mackerel tasted. While also forgetting that she blurted out her previous comment, causing Mina to become a blushing mess. Though Chaeyoung didn't notice since her nose was faced into the food.

You just say whatever pops in your head, don't you?, a small smirk plastered across the penguin's face as she continued to gaze at Chaeyoung. 

Putting herself into a daze as she just stared, a smile never leaving her face as she did it.

"Ah, you have rice--"

She quickly snapped out the daze and reached her hand to the side of Chaeyoung's face. She intended to wipe the stray rice from off Chae's face, but instead found herself stroking the cub's cheek affectionately.

"U-uh...". Chaeyoung bit her lip, feeling the heat rising to her cheeks with every stroke of Mina's soft hands.

The both of them were fighting the urge to make a move.

But soon faltered.

_____________________________

hohmygawdf! It's been too long! Are you well? Eating properly? Sleeping ok? Grades lowkey alright? 

Hope all is well with everyone ;) - Jhai ♥