18.

"C-chaeyoung..."

Before Mina realized it, Chaeyoung had already leaned herself across the table. Staring deeply into the penguin's eyes, Chaeyoung smiled when she couldn't help the palpitating of her heart. She adored Mina so much that her own body betrayed her when she wanted to stay calm. 

Mina became flushed under Chaeyoung's loving gaze. Igniting what she had thought could only happen during movies. The longing of admiration and love in which Mina had always dreamt of.

And for as long as she could remember, the only movies she would ever watch were romance. Hoping to one day find someone she could proudly call her true love. And as if being blessed by the universe itself, Chaeyoung had waltzed into her life.

Though Mina was perceived as the more outgoing of the two, she was somehow the most embarrased right now. But she knew whatever Chaeyoung was doing to her, she didn't want it stop. Not now, not later, not ever.

She was hooked. Whether it was for good or for worse. It didn't matter. The feeling was overriding her senses, steadily seeping to her bloodstream. 

High on this drug called love.

"I...I want you", Chaeyoung ran her thumb along Mina's bottom lip. The penguin shivered at the friction. Her eyelids becoming hooded with desire as she allowed her gaze to travel to the cub's lips. Licking her own as she realized how luscious and beautifully rose tinted Chaeyoung's looked. Tempting her dangerously when a small smirk showed on the side of them.

"Don't tease me you bully", Mina pouted, causing Chaeyoung to chuckle at her cuteness.

"I'm not...", Chaeyoung leaned in, slowly placing her lips to Mina's.

Their kiss wasn't rushed, nor was it to see who was more dominant than the other. It was quite the opposite. A kiss that was meant to imprint the tender care and love that they both shared for eachother... A kiss that would unify not only themselves, but also their clans.

As air became an issue, the two slowly parted their lips, breathing heavily as their heads leaned against the other. A smile on both of their faces.

"I suppose that was my dessert", Chaeyoung teased before pecking Mina on the lips.

"Y-you!", acting as if she was mad, Mina pouted. Her eyes looking elsewhere, only to side-eye the cub shortly after.

"Don't be mad, my lil pengu", Chaeyoung pulled Mina into her body, melting into the heartwarming hug, happy to be within eachother's grasp. Hoping this moment would never end.

• • •

The two of them sat outside, gazing up at the stars above. 

Mina had something on her mind, and she wanted to voice out her thoughts to Chaeyoung. It's just... she didn't know if the time was right. Especially not after their intimate moment just minutes ago.

So instead of spilling out her feelings, she kept them inside.

Noticing the sudden change in her demeanor, Chaeyoung took Mina's hand and kissed it. Startling the penguin as she faced her attention to the girl.

"W-what're you doing chae...?", Mina questioned, holding back the sudden urge to freaking kiss the cub again. But she held her composure, groaning mentally at her enraged hormones.    

Chaeyoung kissed her hand again. "Something's on your mind...tell me. You know I'm here for you, right?", her voice was soft and full of concern. Giving Mina the needed reassurance to know it was okay for her to speak her mind.

"Well...", she trailed off, averting her gaze from the cub and towards the twinkling night sky. 

For Mina, the topic about her mother's death was never an easy one. The only person she has ever told was her bestfriend Sana. Not even her highschool friends know about it. She never thought of them as someone special like Sana, or Chaeyoung. And despite her mother's tragic death 5 years ago, it still haunts her to this day.

The mere thought of it caused tears to trickle down Mina's face. Chaeyoung brought her into a tight hug, gently caressing her back as the girl weeped before her.

"It's ok...it's ok Mina", Chaeyoung whispered as she rocked them side to side. She couldn't help but to feel useless at the sight of her future wife crying. She wanted to help her in any way she could, but there was only so much she could do. And that bothered her. It bothered her bad.

After crying for a while, Mina finally wiped her tears with a sigh. Finally feeling up to telling Chaeyoung for the reason of her crying.

"On a night quite like this...", she inhaled to prevent herself from crying again. Chaeyoung leaned in, giving her full attention to the words that Mina was about to say. "...my mother passed away"

As if on cue, the midnight wind whistled, the trees rustled and the stars above glistened.

It was as if Mina's mother was looking down, watching as her beautiful child painfully mourned over her death.

"It was two days before my 13th birthday. Mother and father had planned to take me to Kyoto to visit the Geisha District. They knew I've always wanted to visit there as a child", she continued, "Father decided to drive us there, figuring that it would be more scenic than taking the train". Mina laughed bitterly as the memories resurfaced. "While we drove there, we stopped at a small shop that claimed to sell the sweetest peaches in all of Japan. And sweet they were as we bought 2 whole bags of them to take with us", she sighed, now starting to regret her decision of wanting to talk about the topic. But she knew she needed to finish. She knew she needed to feel relief from her past.

"My brother and I were hooked on the peaches. Both of us eating about 8 of them just on the ride there. Causing mother to scold us, telling us we'd be sick if we kept eating them. But we never listened, we just kept on eating the peaches. Which of course caused us to be sick. We literally threw up out the window and father got mad, really mad. He pulled over into a gas station and went to go buy us some water. As father went into the store, Mother turned to us with a smile. My brother and I were shocked to see her smiling cause we thought she was gonna scold us again. And at that time...I didn't know why she smiled, or why she decided to kiss our foreheads so suddenly. I didn't know why...why she had to step out of the car and into the street...", Mina's lip trembled, "why...why was she so...so selfish!", she screamed at the top of her lungs. The tugging in her heart could no longer take the pain. It could no longer take the regret she felt for not being able to save her mother.

"Why did she have to end her life!? Why did she have to make us feel like she never loved us! Why Why WHY!", Mina broke into tears. The pain in her chest made her feel weak. It made her vulnerable and she never wanted to be. But there was nothing she could do but weep...weep at the sorrow that haunted her day and night.

She blamed herself... feeling as though she could of prevented her mother from throwing herself into an oncoming truck.

And to this day, she still doesn't know the reason for why her mother took her own life.

No one does...

at least not Mina and her family.

_________________________

It's the Wonder Girls...we're back--

I mean it's Jhai&Lian...and we're back!!

YEEEEE ♥ (thanks for waiting I am so sorry for such a late update *bows apologetically* Joesonghamnida!)