15.

Mr.Son and his men successfully extracted the bullet from Chaeyoung's chest. Sighs of relief filled the room as they saved the cub's life. Either way, Mr.Son wouldn't let his only daughter to die under his watch anyways. "Everyone out the room. Let the child rest", Mr.Son instructed and they obeyed his order.

He made eye contact with Mina and gave her a soft yet sad smile. The penguin understood what he meant and nodded her head. Mr.Son excused himself, leaving Mina and Chaeyoung to themselves in the room.

The penguin slowly walked up to the bed, hovering over the cub's sleeping body. A small smile appeared on her face as she lightly held onto Chaeyoung's hand. Her heart ached just from looking, but she didn't want to leave Chaeyoung's side. She knows that the cub needs her at times like this. I mean, it is only right for the soon to be wife, to be there for her future wife.

Mina went to the chair that was next to bed and sat in it. Never wavering her eyes from the sleeping cub. 

She yawned, laying her head onto the bed, and intertwining her hands with Chaeyoung's. A warm feeling enveloped in her as she slowly closed her eyes. Please get well soon, and with that, the penguin swiftly drifted off to sleep next to her lover.

~

"Ah..", the cub slowly awoke, making herself to sit up in bed. But just even moving slightly made her body ache terribly, causing her to groan in pain from the wound. "Damn, this really hurts". She looked down to the tight bandaging that was wrapped around her chest, remembering how she got hurt in the first place. 

When the cub got shot, she immediately fainted. As odd as it sounds, she has a phobia of blood. To a certain extent that is.

She looked up, searching the room around her until her eyes found someone laying next to her. "M-mina?", her voice softly said as her hand gently ran through the girl's hair. Instantly the penguin awoke just from hearing Chaeyoung's voice.

"C-chaeyoung...You're awake?", her voice was sleepy as she looked up at the cub. Chaeyoung nodded and a smile quickly appeared on Mina's face. "I'm so glad". Hearing Mina's voice never fails to make Chaeyoung feel butterflies within. That girl really knows how to win the cub's heart.

Both of them were now fully awake and still holding hands. 

They talked and talked, smiling here and there about the many things they've experienced in their lives.

This was better than any dinner date. This was better than any netflix and chill.

All it takes is communication and understanding to love and cherish one another.

*Bzzt Bzzt* Mina's phone began ringing, causing her to look in its direction. A sigh left her mouth as she guessed who could it be.

_______________________________

Maybe it's new

Maybe it's you

Are you sure it's cool?

Because I want food

Yaku-Geon