➤TWO

Chapter Two ➤ Hello brothers, miss me?

Chapter TwoHello brothers, miss me?

"𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙢𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢 𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙤𝙥 𝙤𝙛 𝙢𝙮 𝙡𝙪𝙣𝙜𝙨. 𝙄𝙩 𝙝𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙨 𝙗𝙪𝙩, 𝙄 𝙬𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙛𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙣𝙮𝙬𝙖𝙮"

★★★★

"Care for one?" Damon offered, glancing at his brother.

Stefan shook his head. "No, thank you. I'm not hungry; just ate."

"Are you worried that one day all the forest animals are gonna band together and fight back? I mean, surely they talk," Damon teased.

"I'm just happy that's a blood bag and not a sorority girl supplying your dinner," Stefan pursed his lips, causing Damon to grin at him. "I like this. You, walking on eggshells around me because you think I'm gonna explode. Very suspenseful." Damon glanced at him. "Is Elena worried too? I bet I'm in your every conversation."

"Have you heard from Katherine?" asked Stefan, changing the topic.

"I think the Lockwoods have a family secret because the Gilbert device affected them, but vervain didn't, so they're not vampires. They're something else," Damon told him.

"Is this your new obsession?" asked Stefan, raising an eyebrow in question.

"You'd rather have some unknown supernatural element running rampant in our town?" Damon noticed Stefan's look. "Fine, I'll drop it," said Damon.

"We haven't seen the last of Katherine, you know that, right? We have no idea what she's up to," said Stefan.

"Sure we do." Damon pursed his lips. "She came back to profess her undying eternal love for you, so I'm gonna let you deal with her because I have more important things to do, like explode." Damon raised his glass. "Cheers!"

He began to take a sip of his drink but stopped when he heard something drop nearby, causing the two brothers to exchange looks.

Stefan frowned. "What was that?"

Without answering, Damon put his drink down and walked towards the hallway, with Stefan following close behind.

When they arrived, the two Salvatores saw three dead female bodies lying around, with vampire bites on their necks.

"Katherine did this, didn't she?" asked Stefan, growing angry.

Damon frowned as he walked towards one of the bodies. "I don't think so, brother." He tilted one of the female heads and saw a scribe on her cheek. "H.S."

"No? This could be one of her games," said Stefan, not believing his brother.

"Oh yeah? You're wrong. And we have another problem." Damon glanced at Stefan.

Stefan walked towards him, looking confused, and then he saw the scribe. His face began to pale. "No..."

Fears started to rise in the brothers as they felt someone standing behind them.

Turning around, they saw a familiar face smirking at them.

"Hello, brothers. Miss me?" Hela breathed out Stefan's name.

Hela, the long-lost sister they had forgotten about right after they became vampires, the one they hadn't heard from for centuries. And now, she was back.

"What the hell are you doing here?" asked Damon, clenching his jaw.

Hela sighed. "Do I need any reasons to see my lovely brothers?"

"Who left me all alone." Hela smiled at them with a cold look in her eyes. "That was nice, by the way."

Stefan walked towards her. "Hela, it's been years."

Hela could see the guilt in his eyes as he looked at her pleadingly. But she didn't care because she wasn't here for them. She was here for other reasons. "Don't flatter yourself; it's not all about you, Steffy."

Stefan shook his head, not understanding why she was here. "Then why

are you here?"

Hela tilted her head, smirking at him. "One word: Doppelgänger."

As if she always knew, Stefan quickly pushed her against the wall, causing her to let out a low chuckle in amusement. She grabbed his neck and pushed him against the wall. "Drinking animal blood doesn't make you so strong, huh?"

Hela let go of his neck, turning to her older brother. "Elena, the carbon copy of Katherine Pierce."

Damon shook his head. "Stay away from Elena. She's not like K-"

"Not like Katherine," Hela mocked with a bored tone before pretending to yawn. "Speaking of Katherine, how long does it take for you two to realize that she's not in the tomb?"

The two of them looked at her, confused, especially the youngest Salvatore. "How'd you know that?" asked Stefan.

"Unlike you two," Hela rolled her eyes, "I'm not an idiot. I'm practically the smart one in this family."

"Also, she's here not because of you guys, especially you." She glanced at Stefan in annoyance. "Like, really, stop obsessing over yourself. She's here because she wants her freedom back."

"Freedom? From what?"

"For me to know, for you to dot dot dot," said Hela, walking towards the living room and pouring herself a bourbon, with them following behind.

"And soon enough, there will be a bigger problem," Hela mumbled before taking a sip.

"Like what?" asked Damon.

"Like..." Hela trailed off. "Crap! I must have forgotten about it." She sighed mockingly. "You know, after a few centuries of living, too many things happened."

Hela gasped. "By the way..." She grabbed her bag nearby. "I have a present for both of you."

She quickly took out a bloody human head from her bag and passed it to Damon. "She's a really feisty thing." Stefan flinched away from the head, averting his gaze, disappointed to see that she's not the Hela he knew, loved, and considered his best friend.

Damon clenched his jaw in anger as he stared at the cold shell of his sister. He didn't expect her to be so different, no longer the naive sister but dark and different. Hela had gone completely off the rails, nothing but an empty shell of the woman she had once been.

Hela smirked devilishly at them. "Now, if you two don't mind, I would like to have a nice nap right now." She walked past them towards the staircase, waving goodbye. "Chao."