➤ THREE

CHAPTER THREE ➤ Brave New World

CHAPTER THREE Brave New World

"This may be the night that my dreams might let me know, all the stars are closer"

★★★

Here's a proofread version of your writing:

"High school carnival? Never thought I'd be going here," said Chloe, giving her friend a look as they walked around the carnival.

Hela looked at her amused, seeing how annoyed her only friend was. "What? Too old for this?"

The first time she met Chloe, she didn't think she would become friends with her, but Chloe was the only person in her life who listened to her without quick judgment.

Chloe rolled her eyes and let out a sarcastic chuckle. "Ha ha, that's funny. So why are we here again?"

"I just need a distraction from everything," Hela mumbled as she looked around, trying to find something.

Chloe nodded, humming. "Distraction? Or do you just want to see her?"

Following her gaze, Hela saw her—the one she had been watching from afar for the past few months—laughing with her best friend. "Yeah, you could say that."

It was the first time she saw her up close after observing her from the shadows.

"She looks exactly like Katherine," said Chloe, glancing at Hela before looking back at the doppelganger.

But she's not.

As Hela stared at her, enjoying the sight of her smiling and laughing with her friend, their eyes met, causing Hela to panic.

"Oh crap," Hela cursed herself.

"She's walking towards us," Chloe grinned at her, making Hela turn her head frantically to see Elena smiling at her.

"Hey, you must be Hela! Stefan's sister."

"One and only," said Hela, pursing her lips.

Elena chuckled and extended her hand. "I'm—"

"Elena. I know," Hela cut her off, staring at her hand coldly before walking away, leaving Elena looking confused.

Chloe gave her an apologetic look. "I'm sorry. She's just not in the mood."

Elena shook her head, smiling. "It's okay. And you are?"