➤EIGHT

Chapter Eight ➤ Masquerade

"I got a nasty reputation, nor I feel the hesitation, Better think twice 'cause being evil has a price."

★★★★

After a hectic morning filled with Caroline recounting the events to the Salvatore brothers and a few heated exchanges between her and the middle Salvatores, the decision was made to devise a plan to kill Katherine, particularly Hela, despite her initial reluctance. Hela approached Stefan with a look of disdain, eyeing his clothes with disgust.

Stefan turned to her, confused by her expression. "What's wrong?"

Hela pursed her lips and replied, "Nothing."

As the Bennett witch entered the house, Hela glanced at her and raised an eyebrow. "Who is this?" she asked, curious.

Stefan gestured towards the girl in front of them. "This is Bonnie, Elena's best friend."

Hela commented with a hint of disdain, spotting the grimoire tightly clutched in Bonnie's hands. "Ah, the Bennett witch. You must be the one with the magic."

Bonnie retorted, smiling tightly, "And you must be Hela. I've heard so much about you."

Hela gave her a side-eye and replied, "I hope it was bad things." She then brushed past Bonnie, uninterested.

Observing the interaction, Bonnie turned to Stefan and remarked, "So she's nice."

Stefan reassured her, "She'll come around, I promise."

Later on, the group gathered around Damon and Alaric as they demonstrated how to use the weapon to kill Katherine. Alaric explained, holding up one of the weapons, "This works with compressed air. The trigger mechanism is up here," he said, pointing to the top of the weapon as he pulled back the stakes.

"I have two of these in a different size," Alaric informed them, setting down the weapon and picking up another. He turned towards Hela, holding up a weapon mechanism that could be strapped to the arm. Hela watched with curiosity as Alaric fitted the band around his arm, ensuring the stakes were in place. "It fits nicely under the sleeve. You use the trigger when you're ready," he explained, demonstrating how to use it by pushing the pin and mimicking staking a vampire.

Nervous glances were exchanged among the Salvatore brothers, causing Alaric to shrug. "You wanted me to show you how to kill a vampire."

Hela cleared her throat and walked over to Bonnie, who was engrossed in her reading. "Bennet," she called out, catching the witch's attention.

Surprised, Bonnie looked up at her and greeted, "Hey?"

"I need your help," Hela said, averting her gaze.

It was unlike Hela to ask for anyone's assistance, but she needed a contingency plan in case their original plan failed. With her brothers present, they couldn't execute anything within a crowd. Hela herself was willing, but she couldn't expect the same from the younger Salvatore.