➤ TWENTY ONE

Chapter 21 ➤ THE BIRTHDAY

★★★

IN A SMALL TOWN IN TENNESSEE, a young women walked out of her house yelling a name "Rudy!"  she shouted before bringing her fingers up to her mouth, whistling loudly "Rudy! Come on! It's too hot to make me come looking for you." She bends down and picks up a toy as she stood back up, Klaus appeared behind her " I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

"Can I help you?" The woman asked him rudely which caused Klaus to surpassed his annoyance " Yeah, my car hmm, my car ran out of gas a couple of miles back." Klaus told her " Eh I feel like I've been walking forever yours is the first house I come to so I was just hoping I could use your phone?"

The woman narrowed her eyes on him "Don't you have a cell phone?"

"Huh, yeah." Klaus answered, showing her his phone "Battery died. Look I promise I'm not a serial killer I just wanna use your phone."

Hela watches them communicate as she stay hidden until Klaus tells her to move, over the past two months they had spent together, Hela grows annoyed towards her old friend as the day goes by, no matter how much she tried to ignore him, the more he makes her annoyed.

"I'm from Florida."

"Well, that explains it." Klaus pursed his lips before he grabbed her throat.

"Now, show me a little southern hospitality. Sweet pea." Klaus compelled the woman, who complied inviting him into the house. As those two made their way into the kitchen, a dark skinned, curly haired woman appeared " I bet you a hundred dollars that dog ran off to a house with air conditioning." she joked as walked around the kitchen, picking up an ingredients as she cooked.

Her smile fell as she turned around, noticing her friend with tears streaming down her face as she was being held firmly by Klaus.

"What's going on?" the dark skinned woman asked fearfully "Please don't be alarmed, I'm told Ray Sutton lives here." Klaus smirked at the woman.

The woman lifted her chin "He's almost never here. He's on the road mostly."  she insisted, trying to get him leave the house "But I expect he makes it home, once a month." The hybrid retorted causing the woman to swallow thickly as her eyes flicking from her friend to Klaus.

"That's what I thought." Klaus mumbled "Where is he now?" The woman didn't answer which caused Klaus's smirk to widen "If I have to make you tell me it's going to be infinitely more painful for you. Hmm."