➤ EIGHTEEN

Chapter 15 ➤ The Last Day [2]

★★★

"Which one are you trying to save? " Maddox approached Damon from behind "The blond, or the wolf? Did you really think Klaus would leave them unprotected?"

"Wishful thinking," Damon muttered with a shrug of his shoulders before he rushed towards the witch, pinning him to the ground as he strangled him.

Maddox snarled at him as he overpowered Damon using his magic to throw the vampire into the stone ruins behind them. As Damon crumpled to the floor, Maddox pulled himself to his feet, thrusting his arms out towards the oldest Salvatore as he cast a pain infliction spell.

"Did you really think he came alone?" Hela smirked as she speeds towards the witch, knocking him onto his knees. Before she could kill him, the witch was suddenly shot through the chest from behind.

Hela raised her eyebrow in confusion as Damon pulled himself to his feet, both looking in the direction the bullet was fired from, Matt with a rifle walking towards them "Who's he?"

"Matt Donovan." Damon mumbled before he sped towards Maddox and snapped his neck.

"Where's Caroline?" Matt demanded as he held the shotgun firmly pointed at them, earning an eye-roll from the Salvatores.

"Listen man." Damon gave him an annoyed sighed "Not a good time to play hero."

The blonde scowl at her brother "Where is she?" before turning the shotgun towards Hela "What did you do to her?"

Hela held her hands up amused "Matthew, you might not want to point that thing towards me before I do something which can might you some concussion."

Matt noticed glint in her eyes before turning into icy gazed which sends him some chills."

Damon scoffed as he stepped beside his sister "Hey, we're here to rescue her."

With Matt's attention locked on Damon, Hela quickly rushed towards the human, grabbing the shotgun out of his hand before hitting him over the head with it.

"Told you." Hela mumbled as Damon walked towards her, emptying the barrel of the shotgun and the siblings began to noticed the bullets that he used were wooden.

"So this kid knows about it." Hela looked at Damon which he groaned in annoyance, Hela shake her head before leading her brother towards the tomb where Klaus keep the vampire and werewolf in.