➤NINE

Chapter Nine ➤ Rose

Chapter Nine ➤ Rose

"She was like the moon, a part of her was always hidden."

★★★★

Sure! Here's a proofread version with enhanced descriptions:

"This has Katherine written all over it," Stefan remarked, narrowing his eyes at Hela in suspicion.

Hela shot her brother an annoyed look. "How many times have I told you? She's in the tomb, okay? I'm the one who shut her in."

Stefan's doubt continued to nag at Hela, and it began to grate on her nerves. She wondered if he truly deserved her help if he continued to doubt her. Standing outside the school with her brothers, the weight of Elena's kidnapping already pressing upon her, Hela felt her patience wearing thin.

"Well, I know the hold that Katherine has on you," Stefan replied with a nonchalant shrug, his skepticism evident.

Before Hela could lunge at Stefan, Damon intervened, gripping her shoulder firmly and halting her aggression. "Woah, okay," Damon interjected, his voice calm and measured.

"Look, if Hela said she's in the tomb, she's in the tomb, period," Damon stated firmly, turning to face Stefan before addressing Hela. "Did Katherine say anything else to you?"

Hela's expression remained neutral as she answered simply, "That Elena is in danger."

"What? And you didn't think you should ask her to elaborate?" Stefan questioned his older sister, his voice tinged with frustration.

"Well, I thought maybe because she's a doppelgänger, it isn't really a big deal to me," Hela shrugged dismissively.

Damon let out a weary sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose in exasperation.

Stefan shook his head, his annoyance evident. "We have to go talk to her."

"No, no," Damon interjected, stopping Stefan from walking away. "Let me tell you how that's gonna go: You two are going to go ask her for help, she's going to negotiate her release—which you, Stefan, are going to be dumb enough to give her—and then she's going to get out and kill us! This is exactly what she wants!"

Stefan glared at Damon, his frustration boiling over. "I don't really care."

"Well, I do," Hela spoke up, her voice laced with determination. "I'm not going to play her games."

"That's because you're selfish," Stefan growled at her, his anger fueling his words. "All you do is care about yourself."

Hela responded with a sarcastic smile, nodding mockingly. "Yeah, okay."

In that moment, doubts crept into Hela's mind. Maybe he was right—maybe she was selfish after all.

Damon shook his head, realizing the tension between his siblings. "It's a bad idea, Stefan."