My Name is Olivia Cohan and This is My Story

It wasn't long after Steven arrived that the others started to arrive. Steven had gone up to keep Liv company whilst I welcomed everyone else into my home. I was nervous, I was feeling sick, I was unsure how they would react but I knew I had to do this, I had to do it for Liv.

We all conversed in the dining room where we sat at a long stretch of table drinking wine. It was the only thing that was going to get me through this revelation. I sat between Scott and Chandler who was the only one drinking a non alcoholic drink (for obvious reasons). We spoke about everything we had missed. I sat quietly contented with listening to everyone else's stories. It put off telling them my whole life story.

"What about you Lauren?" Scott asked bringing me out of my trance. This was it. This was the opportunity to tell them the truth. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest as I tried to work up the courage to tell them. I closed my eyes briefly and took a deep breath.

"Well, I have something that I need to tell you, it isn't necessarily a recent thing but I just need you all to not get angry with me." I started and I looked at all the concerned faces in the room.

"We promise. Just tell us what it is. We'll try to understand your need to keep it from us." Chandler said and I smiled at him. He had truly grown up over the past few years and I am lucky to have him as a co-worker and to have him be such a gentleman.

"Okay, so I have a daughter, she's 13 years old." I blurted and shock registered on everyone's faces.

"What?" They yelled simultaneously. The next thing I knew, they were all yelling at me, I couldn't understand what was being said because their voices were clashing. I sat in my seat ashamed of keeping it from them but I did what I thought was best for my daughter.

"Let's go talk." Chandler said from next to me and I followed him into the living room and we sat on the couch. "So you have a daughter." It was less of a question more of a statement.

"I do. She's not mine biologically." I told him truthfully and he nodded for me to continue. "She was left on my doorstep as a baby with a note. I couldn't give her up so I kept her. I didn't tell anyone because I don't want her to be in the spotlight yet, she's too young to have to be responsible about what to do in the media. She understands why and she knows of all of you, she watches clips from the show every now and then. She talks about you guys all time and she's wanted to meet you for the longest time." I explained.

"Wait, she was left on your doorstep? Who would do that to such a young baby?" I shrugged.

"I don't know but whoever it was, was having problems." I told him.

"So does Steven know? I know you two are close." He said to me and I smiled shyly and he raised his eyebrow. I guess it was time to tell him about the second part of the truth. Steven and I.

"Yeah, he found out a few months ago and him and Liv has been attached to each other. He's up stairs with her." I told him and he smiled.

"That's so sweet. Can I meet her?"

"Of course you can, I just want the others to be accepting first. But that's not all. Steven and I have been dating for the past two months." I told him and he chuckled.

"It was bound to happen. It's about time you two figured it out. We were al thinking we would have to set you up." He laughed and I glared playfully at him. "I'm kidding. I'm happy for you. Both of you."

"Thank you Riggsy." I smirked and he rolled his eyes with a smile. "Let's go see if they've all finished." I said and the two of us walked back into the kitchen and I saw Steven now sat next to Scott, everyone had quietened down and whatever Steven has said has made them stop to think.

"Lauren, we're sorry." Norman said and I nodded. I didn't want to talk about it anymore. It had obviously ticked them off when I hadn't told them from the beginning.

"Can we meet her?" Scott asked and I nodded.

"Liv!" I called up the stairs to my daughter and I saw her head pop around the banister. "They all want to meet you." I said to her and she shook her head.

"I don't want to meet them anymore. I heard them being mean to you. That's why Steven came down. I don't want them to be mean to you." She said and I sighed. This was going to be difficult.

"They were just in shock. I don't lie or keep secrets from them and I kept a huge secret. They were just upset. Please come meet them and if you don't want to stay, you can go back upstairs." I told her and she nodded. I grabbed her hand and walked her back into the kitchen.

Usually, Liv would be full of smiles and would offer an introduction but now she was glaring at them all. "This is my daughter Olivia, Liv, this is my co-workers." I introduced and she continued to glare.

"Hi Olivia." Emily said to her and she gave her a dirty look.

"Liv." I warned.

"But Mom, I don't want to have to be nice to people who aren't being nice to you." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"We've already talked about this and I raised you better than this." I told her and she stared at me. We had a stare off and she lost. She huffed and walked into the corner to make herself a glass of water.

"Livy, can you make me a glass too?" Steven asked and she looked at him with a smirk.

"But Stevie, I don't want to." She pretended to whine.

"Please." He dragged this word out and she shook her head amused.

"Fine. But you owe me." She told him and handed him a glass of water.

"So what does everyone want to know?" She asked. Steven had a way of making her happy and back to her bubbly sellf that the two of us see on a daily basis.

"Anything you want to tell us." handler told her and looked at me with a smile. I smiled back and looked back to Liv to see what she was about to tell them.

"Okay." She put her glass down and took a seat. "My name is Olivia Cohan and this is my story."