Who?

I hadn't spoken or seen Steven for a few days after our talk that day in his trailer. But I hadn't had much time to think about it, I had so many other things on my mind surrounding Liv that everything I felt or needed had been thrown out the window. Liv comes first and she always will.

You see, that night when I got home after the talk with Steven, Liv was already home and I found a letter addressed to me on the kitchen counter. I never got mail sent to my address for personal reasons and to keep my life private so I found it really odd.

I left the letter unopened for the reminder of the evening and spent it with Liv, since she had started school I hadn't seen her as often. So I managed to squeeze in a few hours of Mother Daughter time before she went to bed for the evening.

I sat on the couch in silence with a glass of Wine and its bottle sat on the coffee table with the envelope in my hand. I was trembling as I teared it open and pulled the paper out and unfolded it.

Dear Miss Cohan,

I believe you have something I want. I won't tell you what and I won't tell you when but believe me when I say, I always get what I want. You aren't entitled legally therefore, I can take without consequences. You are not going to have as happy of a life as you already have.

Your happiness is coming to an end and I can't wait to watch you crumble. I have been watching you for weeks now and when the time is right, I will come at you for what is rightfully mind. You may fool other people but you will not fool me.

So you see Miss Cohan, live life while you can because I am coming and I don't care who gets hurts in the process.

See you soon.

This letter wasn't even signed with a name but I felt sick. I needed reassurance, I needed help and I needed to keep Liv safe. If someone was coming here for whatever they think I have, she could get hurt and I won't allow that. Steven isn't talking to me properly right now and I need him. I didn't care that he had asked me for space, I called him.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hey." I could hear the trembles in my voice..

"What's wrong?" He asked and I could tell he had picked up on it and I wasn't at all surprised by this.

"Can you come over. Please?" I whimpered and I begged. I needed him whether he had wrapped his head around everything or not. I was so scared but more so for Liv than for me. I needed to be able to tell someone who can help me protect her.

"I'm on my way." He said and I heard him start the ignition in the car and drive.

"I'm scared." I whimpered into the receiver as I sunk back into my seat still so tense.

"It's okay, I'm pulling into your street right now. You can tell me what's wrong." He said and I hung up and waited for him to let himself in. He had a key in case there was an emergency with Liv after she started school.

"Hey. What's going on?"

"I'm sorry I called you. I know you want a break between us but I didn't know who else to call." I told her and he came and sat next to me.

"It's okay. Just tell me." He whispered and I passed him the piece of paper and watched in silence while he read it. "Wow." Was all he said.

"What do I do?" I asked him and he sat there thinking to himself.

"I don't know but you're going to have to be careful Lauren. This isn't a prank, this is genuine. I'm going to stay here for Liv and your safety. I don't want either of you getting hurt." He said and I nodded before leaning my head on his shoulder and I felt him pull me closer to his body and I flushed against him.

"Mom?" I looked at the stairs and there she was stood at the bottom looking at me.

"Hey baby. What's up?" I asked her quietly and she came to sit on my lap and cuddled into me.

"I didn't tell you earlier but I got a letter today and I'm scared. I can;;t sleep and I was worried about worrying you." She said and I sighed.

"Can I read it?" I asked and she pulled the letter out of the pocket on her robe and I read it.

To my Darling Daughter,

I am your father. You were taken from me as a baby and all I want is to get to know you as my daughter. I had no choice but to give you up, you were taken from me and now I have your address, I will be coming for you. I will get you back and you will come with me or I hurt your 'Mom'.

Sincerely, Your Father Richard aka Dick.

I turned to her and pulled her into me tighter. I was scared. My letter was exactly the same handwriting. My letter was from the same person and they were both threats. "Who?"