Parent Teacher Meeting Part Two

"Come in." The voice called from inside. I opened the door and saw a young woman sat at a desk.

"Hi, you're Olivia Mom right?" She asked and I nodded and sat down on the chair on the opposite side of her desk.

"I am. I don't know if you're up to date with her history but I have some concerns which I wanted to bring up." I explained and she leaned forward, intrigued.

"I've been told a few things by Chandler who looked out for her since her first day. What are your concerns? Maybe we can help." She told me with a nod. I was beginning to like this woman, she genuinely looked concerned about Livs issues.

"Well you may know that she is adopted, her mother left her on my doorstep at one year old. I have kept her hidden because if the press got wind of me being her mother it would make her life so much harder. But that's not the issue." I took a few breaths and looked her in the eye. I was now serious about my next comment.

"Last night, both Liv and I had a threatening note. At first, I didn't know who it was from because it was anonymous but Livs had a name on and it was from her Father. He is trying to take her from me and I am worried about this because she doesn't know what he looks like and neither do I. I just don't want her getting worried about him following her without her knowing it's him." I said and she nodded in agreement.

"I understand these concerns Miss, Cohan. I will be watching very carefully over her as would Chandler I'm sure. But if you want her to stay home for your own peace of mind then you are welcome to keep her home. Has the police been notified?" She asked me and I shook my head.

"Not yet. I want to wait a day and see if we get anything else through. He knows where we live. I want her to be as normal. as possible which means keeping her here. I don't want her to change her routine because of this and sorry her even more. But Chandler is aware and I was hoping he would be able to watch over her as well today."

"Of course. I will call you if anything comes up during the day but shell be as protected as she can be." She reassured me and I smiled softly at her.

"Thank you so much. I have to work but I will always have my phone on me in case there is anything happening at school."

"I will and I appreciate you coming down to let us know. We will keep a close eye on her today."

"Thank you," I told her and stood up to shake her hand and headed for the door. Outside in the reception area, Liv was sat with Steven and Chandler. All in silence.

"Hey. Liv, you're going to stay here with Chandler and Mrs Mathews. They're going to make sure you're okay today but if you need me some find her and she'll call me okay?" I told her leaning down to her level.

"I don't want you to go." She whimpered and climbed onto my legs making me collapse onto my knees and sat there cradling her.

"I know but you need to. I don't want this to change your school life. I don't want you to fall behind." I said and kissed her head. "I love you, baby. I promise you I will be back the minute you need me. I need you to stay here and act as normal as you can."

"You promise you'll come back?" She whispered and I nodded.

"I promise." I pulled us both up and hugged her tight in my arms and when I pulled away, I wiped her eyes.

"Okay." She relucted. I felt Steven grab my arm and you'll be out of the room. If he wasn't there, I don't think I would have left at all. I just wanted to keep my baby safe and I still couldn't even do that.