Chapter 2: Friends?

(A/N: The rest of the story is going to be in other people's point of views because it is much easier for me to portray thoughts and the story will be a lot less confusing.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{Harry's POV:}

(After the first day of lessons)

Everything went wrong today. I already lost 20 points for Gryffindor, I had a fight with Malfoy between classes and now we have detention later today, and some other small things are making my depression worsen. I sighed. I promised Hermione I wouldn't cut anymore, that it wasn't healthy. I kept her promise. I still had scars from yesterday. They were fresh.

I sit down and start doing my homework with Hermione and Ron. This will hopefully take my mind off things for a while.

"Hey, Hermione? Can you help me with my potions essay?" I ask.

"Of course Harry! What do you need help with?"

"...Everything. I haven't started." She sighed, rolled her eyes, and took my piece of parchment and started the assignment for me. She is such a great friend.

"Hey, why can't you do my potions essay for me?" Asked Ron.

"Because you have already finished. And besides Ronald, Harry has had a very stressful day."

We finish all of our homework and there is still an hour before I have to go to detention with Malfoy. The stupid git. We wouldn't be in this mess if he didn't insult my parents.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour passed and I grabbed my bag and headed to Professor McGonagall's classroom. Malfoy is already here and waiting for me. As I enter Professor McGonagall stands.

"For your detention boys, you will be cleaning out my storage closet. No magic needed. All of your cleaning supplies are already in the closet. If you finish early you may leave."

And with that, we both enter the closet silently. I immediately grab a towel and some cleaner and begin to clean the dusty room.

After about 15 minutes or so Malfoy breaks the silence.

"You know we wouldn't be in the mess if you didn't hex me" He had said it in a nasty tone.

"Well, you shouldn't have insulted my parents!"

"I do what I want, Potter. And for the record, all of those things would have been correct if your parents were alive." I start to get angry, "They wouldn't even love you. You're too much of a failure." With those words hot, angry tears stream down my face. I don't dare look at him.

"Crying are you Potty? Pathetic."

I think of all the things he's said to me. I break down, my emotions taking over. I move to the corner of the room and cry, clinging my knees to my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{Draco's POV:}

He's breaking down. He's crying, a lot. A wave of guilt comes over me.

"Hey, Potter-"

"Don't talk to me" He snaps.

"Potter, I just-"

"I said don't talk to me!"

This made me even more guilty. I move closer to him.

"Get away!"

With those words, I back up a little. I went too far this time.

"Look, Potter, i'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said." I try to comfort him.