Chapter 10: The Third Task

{Harry's POV:}

Today was the third task and I was prepared. I went to breakfast early and was greeted by Hermione. She was reading a book silently and eating her breakfast.

"Hey, Hermione."

"Hello, Harry! Are you feeling good? Feeling prepared?" I sat down next to her.

"Yep! I'm a little nervous though. Wheres Ron?" She blushed a little and took a bite of her food.

"He's still sleeping I assume. Didn't you see him?"

"No, I left the dorms pretty fast because of nerves. Wheres Draco?"

Hermione smirked and took another bite to eat, "I assume he is also sleeping. Or panicking. Maybe both." Panicking? Why would he be panicking?

"Why would he be panicking?" I started lightly tapping my foot on the ground.

She rolled her eyes and took a bite of her toast and set her book aside, "He's probably worried about you. You're so clueless sometimes you know that? Oh, Ron! Over here!" I look up to see Ron walking into the great hall. As he came closer I saw that he had large bags under his eyes and his hair was a mess. I chuckled a little at his state. He looked like he never slept.

"Rough night?" I asked.

"Rough? Worse than rough. I couldn't fall asleep because of how worried I am for you mate. You better get out of that maze without a single scratch." He sat down next to Hermione and smiled at her. He started pilling food on his plate and began eating. He was so tired he was eating slow and his eyes constantly shut. At one point he laid his head on the table and completely passed out. I smiled and chuckled while Hermione rolled her eyes. She took her book back out and continued reading. After a while, the great hall started filling up. I was searching for a certain blonde at the Slytherin table. I spotted him and his hair was wild and messy, it was adorable. I guess Hermione was right. I was still looking at him when he looked up and our eyes met. He smiled a little bit and I smiled brightly back. He looked back down and slammed his head on the table. I started laughing and people looked at me in confusion.

"What're you laughing at mate?" Ron groggily turned his head towards me still resting it on the table.

"Malfoy." I cringed at his last name, I wanted to say his first but it would cause people to get suspicious. "He looked so tired and he slammed his head on the table like you did."

"The slimy git copying me..." I chuckled as Ron fell back asleep. Soon breakfast was over and I was heading to the Quidditch pitch with the rest of the champions getting ready. I heard the stands getting filled with people.

{Draco's POV:}

I sat next to Pany and Blaise waiting for the task to begin. A voice began booming throughout the hall announcing the standings. Harry and Cedric were tied, Victor second, and Fleur last. Diggory and Harry were going in the maze at the same time followed by Krum and then Delacour. A bang went off and Diggory and Harry rushed into the maze. Now it was really time to worry for Harry. A couple of minutes passed and Krum went in, soon followed by Delacour. About 30 minutes in, a red spark came out of the maze. Fuck, please don't be Harry. They took Krum out of the maze and I relaxed a little. About an hour later Harry and Diggory came out of nowhere and the chanting began. I could tell something was wrong, he was crying and Diggory laid limp on the ground. 

"HARRY!" I instinctively rushed down to where Harry and Diggory were. Shit. Shit. Shit! I ran all the way down and tore Harry from Diggory's body. He was thrashing and crying like a maniac for respectable reasons. I was holding him tight and he started yelling.

"HE'S BACK! VOLDEMORT IS BACK!" Oh fuck. I held Harry tighter and he finally wrapped his arms around me and started crying into my chest. Moody started hurriedly walking towards us and yanked me off of him.

"C'mon, I need to heal you and figure out what happened." Harry. Harry. Where is he taking my Harry? I started running after them but was stopped by Dumbledore.

"Let me go Draco, I can see your concern but it is not safe." Not safe? Why wouldn't it be safe, he's with a professor. I decided to leave it because I knew that I wasn't going to be able to get to Harry. I started walking back to where my friends were but decided to find Granger and Weasley instead.

I spotted them and started running, tears threatening to leak down my face. They saw me and gave me sympathetic looks. I crashed into them both wrapping my arms around them, and broke down. They were startled at first but flung their arms around me, rubbing circles on my back to comfort me. We must look very strange considering what our relationships should be, but I didn't care. An owl few our way and landed on top of Gr- Hermione's head. She grabbed the note attached to its leg and it flew off. She opened it and read it a couple of times.

"Harry is in the hospital wing. Dumbledore wants us," I looked at her, "all of us, to come comfort him." I nodded wiped my eyes. We made our way out of the Quidditch pitch and to the hospital wing. We walked in to see a very weak Harry laying in bed. A tear fell down my cheek as I walked up to him and I sat in the chair that was next to his bed. Hermione and Ron did the same. I took his hand in mine and he weakly squeezed it. 

Someone cleared their throat and I turned. Dumbledore was standing off to the side looking at us. "He'll be quite alright. He just needs some rest." Dumbledore started to leave the room and quietly said, "Ah, young love." and left. I turned back to Harry and he was almost asleep. 

"Out! Everyone out! He needs his rest and he can't rest with all of you in here!" We all nodded and I got up. I quickly kissed Harry's forehead and left. He's alright. I realized I hadn't asked when he would be coming out of the hospital wing and ran back in.

"When will he be out of here?"

"Hopefully tomorrow. Now out!" I walked out and went straight to the Slytherin common room biding Ron and Hermione a goodnight. I ignored all of the people asking me questions about Harry, Ron, and Hermione and went to my dorm. I locked myself in and flopped onto my bed. I heard loud knocking coming from outside and ignored it at first.

More knocking. "Draco, mate. Let me in!" Damn it. I had to let him in, it's his dorm too. I opened the door for Blaise and he gave me a sympathetic look and headed for the bathroom. I locked the door again and got into my pajamas. I went to bed and closed the curtains trying to fall asleep. "Goodnight, Draco. I hope Harry's okay." 

"Goodnight Blaise."

   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

(A/N: Sorry for such a short chapter, I just didn't know what to write and I wasn't that enthusiastic about writing this chapter. I was procrastinating a lot and didn't really feel like finishing, but I did for the people that read this story. I'm also sorry for publishing this so late. I don't think I will be editing this chapter and getting rid of some mistakes because it would be bad either way. Thanks for understanding!)