Chapter 7: Rainbow has a new meaning

{Harry's POV:}

We are at dinner and I am sitting in my usual spot next to Ron and Hermione. I'm starting to feel like a third wheel. They made up and are constantly talking with each other, barely including me. I don't really care but I just feel awkward being there. While they are deep in a conversation I look up to see platinum blonde hair. It's surprisingly messy and not brushed at all. I like it that way. It looks nice and oddly... sexy? I keep looking at Draco's hair, practically worshiping it. He looks up at me and we lock eyes. Those eyes. They're just so beautiful. I can't help but stare into them. It was like I was in a trance. He blushes and looks away and I realize what I was doing and look back down at my plate.

What am I even saying? I do not like guys. I like girls. Maybe you do like guys. Maybe you like Malfoy! My stomach churned. There were butterflies in my stomach because I was thinking of Draco. Of all people! I mean, we did dance together. We almost kissed. Oh my god, we almost kissed!

I look over at Ron and Hermione chatting away. I poke Hermione and they both stop talking to look at me. "G-guys. I-I think... I think I'm gay." Hermione practically screams and Ron just looks flustered.

"Oh! Harry! Finally, you realized! I thought you would never come out." What? She knew that I was gay and I didn't?!

"Y-yeah mate. Why didn't you tell us before?" Ron was studdering a little. I think he was more shocked at Hermione's answer.

"Because I just now realized. And how did you know I was gay before I did?"

"I just knew. Ohhhhh! Who were you looking at before? Don't think I didn't notice. You were definitely looking at a boy! That's how you realized isn't it?"

I just put my head into my hands. I was so embarrassed. I was one hundred percent sure that everyone heard us that were sitting at the Gryffindor table. I look up desperately searching for Draco's eyes. He must've heard or seen the commotion. I see that he is looking at us with concern. Hermione was practically bouncing out of her seat.

"Who are you looking at? Is it the boy you like?"

"No Hermione! What, are you going to assume next, that I like Ron?"

"OhmygodyoulikeRon???"

"No! That is not what I meant!" Ron's face turned into the same color of his hair. This is a complete and utter mess. I slam my head down on the table and wait until Hermione stops giggling and calms down. This is not what I need right after the second task. I look back up so I can start on some of my food. I grab my fork and start eating some chicken. I can sense Hermione smiling next to me. I turn my head and almost accidentally kiss her because of how close she was. She giggles.

"So who do you like?" She whispers. It's not like the whole Gryffindor table knows!

"No one Hermione. Leave it alone." I look back down to my food and continue eating. I can feel someone's eyes on me and I look up. Draco is staring at me. I look at his eyes trying to send him that I need to tell him something through brainwaves. I don't think it worked. Good thing we meet up after dinner every night. I looked back down at my food. I think he's still staring at me. I look back up to see that Draco is in a trance. I look in his eyes and he snaps out of it looking shocked. He gets bright red and turns his head to the side. Dinner was coming to an end and I stand up to head to the usual meeting spot for me and Draco. When I start walking that way Hermione grabs my arm.

"That's not the way to the common room Harry. Oh! Are you going to see your boyfriend? Have fun then!" She winks and latches onto Ron. God. Can't she stop? I'll just try to ignore it for now. I continue to head for the bathroom.  I walk in and Draco is already here, as always.