Chapter 1-Despair

???'s POV

I was walking down the forest, killing grimm left and right. My house was in the forest so I have to endure this everyday. walking through the forest, I heard screams, screams of agony and despair. I realize that someones in trouble! I ran as fast as I can, nearing the screams of agony. When I finally near the screams, I saw a girl, maybe 15 years old with one of her arm and foot cut off. She was surrounded by Beowolves, two of them. As fast as I can I strike them down with my sword. then I have a good look at the girl. She has short black hair with tainted red color on the tip of her hair, she's short, typical for a girl her age. She was covered in cuts and bruises and she lost an arm and she lost one of her feet. Poor girl. But that begs a question, why is she in emerald forest? the forest is invested by grimm, why did she come here in the first place? hmm.... she seems to have a weapon. But why didn't she use it to fight off the beowolves? man.. there so many questions, but now is not the time. I need to nurse her back to health. I can't leave her alone like this. I checked her pulse and good relief, shes still alive. I carried her bridal style and brought her to my home.

Timeskip (2 days later)

Ruby's POV

I opened my eyes. I saw that I was in some kind of bedroom. Wait.... I was supposed to be dead. I was supposed to be ripped apart by the grimm. uhhh... My body hurts... I can't move my arms and leg. ohh yeah I remembered, I lost one of my arm and one of my feet. even though I'm saved, I'm useless, I can't move at all!

after a couple of seconds, a woman opened the bedroom door.

she looks old. with tied up hair and wearing a kimono. Is this the woman who saved me?

??:"ahh.... your finally awake! I was worried that you never wake up."

Ruby:"oh... Hello. thank you for saving me."

??:"it is no problem. I'm Shino Okasaki. A retired huntress living in the deep parts of  emerald forest. If I may ask, may I know your name young one?"

Ruby:"My name is Ruby Rose."

Shino:"what a beautiful name for a young girl such as yourself. You've been sleeping for 2 days. but I must ask, why are you in emerald forest alone? and why didn't you use your weapon, Ruby?"

Ruby:"its a sensitive topic ma'am. I can't talk about it."

Shino:"its okay if you don't want to talk. I don't want to force you. Ruby, where is your home?"

Ruby:"its at patch, I'm a student of Beacon."

Shino:"oh.. a huntress in training. I can take you back Ruby."

Ruby:"No... don't take me back! no one cares about me!"

I was while crying. I can't go back. I don't want to face my so called friends that betrayed my trust. I can't go back to my home either, my dad will just yell at me again, calling me a failure for losing my arm and foot. I don't know where to go.