Chapter 23-Another 'Calm' day

3rd POV

It was a beautiful day in Vale, the sun was shining, and Beacon Academy, the sign of hope to the city of Vale. Training Huntsmen and Huntresses to fight off the horrible creatures known as grimm. It was a peaceful day to say at least.

Ozpin was in his office, working on some academy affairs and some other things that a headmaster would do. Gynlda Goodwitch, can be called the assistant of the headmaster, was teaching combat class as a professor, so Ozpin was alone to finish all the work for today. In a couple of months, the Vytal Festival would be held in Vale. Ozpin and the other instructors were preparing for the event.

The Vytal Festival was an event celebrated by all of the kingdoms . During the festival, the various cultures of the world are celebrated with dances, parades and a combat tournament. The host kingdom of the festival rotates every two years, and the host opens its borders to visitors from the other kingdoms. This year, The kingdom of Vale will be hosting the event. This festival was a sign of peace after the great war. The kingdoms will not compete with military firepower but with talent and skill. The festival held a combat tournament, where every students from their respective kingdoms fight for supremacy. Preparing the Festival was always tiring, but it was crucial and an exciting event for all the kingdoms in Remnant.

Preparing for the Festival was done without any problems. The disappearance of the White Fang made it quite easy. It was quite suspicious that the White Fang stopped their activity in Vale, but most people believed it was the cause of the destruction of their base of operations in the outskirts of Vale.

While doing his normal work, Ozpin was still searching for a new member for the former named team RWBY. The team name is _WBY until Ozpin can find a new member, but it was not an easy task to find a new member for them.

Meanwhile...

Team _WBY were in class, professor port as usual was bickering his past experiences, but as always, everybody never listened to him. Team _WBY condition was not so great, it can't be called good either. Since they've lost Ruby, they always felt guilty. Nobody ever saw them smiling.

Blake has become more quiet than she already is. People always found her reading a lot of books in the library.

Weiss's grades started to plummet. She was starting to be more lazy and likes to sleep all day. It was really weird for the heiress to do that. She tried contacting her sister, but her sister was always too busy to answer so she could only write letters to her sister.

Yang, even though she wanted to stop by the bar and drink her sorrows away, she was stopped by his uncle, Qrow. It was really unusual when the one who influenced her to drink stopped her from drinking but he had a good reason. They needed to be there for Summer.

Summer's state was been getting worse ever since. She wanted to go back to see her little rose but when she heard that she was assumed dead, she was broken, mentally. She started having nightmares day by day and its getting to the point that she cries everyday. She pushed everyone away, especially her own husband, Tai. When Summer heard from Yang his husband's attitude towards her daughter, she slapped him in the face and tried choking him, fortunately Yang and Qrow stopped her. Summer always stayed in a room that Ozpin gave her. She never goes out at all, even if she was hungry. She blamed herself for the death of her daughter.

Time to time, Yang and Qrow will take turns going in her room. they didn't want the same incident a couple of weeks ago happen to her again.

Flashback

Summer's POV

I was given a room in Beacon. The room was decent, with a bed, a desk and a chair. The room had a bathroom. I sat on the bed.