Chapter 23

A/N Sorry, it took weeks for an update. I'm quite busy with my real life and all. Aside from that, I'm still editing my manuscript. This slow update will continue until March, but once that I'm done with this editing life, every day updates will be back. Thank you!

Chapter 23

She's looking for you.

The words replayed a lot of times inside my mind as Evan and his men have their private conversation. He left me, shut down our mind link and have his meeting away from me.

"Hon, this is urgent. See you later." He gave me a sweet quick kiss before turning his back on me.

Sweet kiss from him was always been my favorite, but after hearing about the professor, my favorite feeling when his lips touched mine didn't even flicker a bit.

The curiosity swallowed my whole self in instant. Everything was so fast, one moment ago he told me that he won't ever shut down our mind link because of his powerful love for me. What now? Where was his powerful love?

He told me that today was our hon time. Liar.

Iritado kong pinahid nang paulit-ulit ang labi ko. Hindi niya ako madadala sa pahalik-halik niya.

Who was that professor? Bakit niya hinahanap si Evan? Hindi niya ba maaaring ipagpaliban ang pagpupulong?

He even left his favourite book because of that professor's sudden appearance. Bumalik daw ito sa unibersidad, pero bakit siya nagbabalik?

Life was not just about the sweetness, of course there were other flavours too and I wonder what this new flavour was?

I diverted my attention on the glass bottle filled with blood. Hindi na ako nagsalin pa sa kopita dahil agad na akong uminom sa bote.

The professor might be a bitter past dish?

A sour side dish?

Or an unexpected spicy dish?

I couldn't help but to think a lot of bad thoughts about Evan and this professor. I am woman and his mate to be exact.

Iba ang kutob ko sa propesor kahit hindi ko pa ito nakikita. Lalo na sa naging reaksyon ni Evan, he won't be alerted like this if the professor was just simply affiliated with him as an educator.

I knew that the reason was beyond that.

Bakit sa lahat ng estudyante sa unibersidad na ito ay si Evan agad ang kanyang hinahanap? Maybe because he's too intelligent? Should I fool myself to believe with this reason?

Of course, I am Nahara Shalani Carvajal. I was never been good thinking about the good sides, it was always the negative. And to stop this damn thinking, I should get myself to the point. There's a big possibility that the professor was my mate's lover, babae ni Evan!

I was wondering before, hindi ba nagkaroon ng babae si Evan sa napakaraming estudyante dito sa loob ng unibersidad sa napakaraming taon?

Was it really possible that he did drink blood for years just from chalice? Ni minsan ba ay hindi naghanap ng hita ang pangil niya bago ako dumating sa mundong ito?

Pearl mentioned that his brother ran away because he couldn't stay a life without biting a woman. Again, it was his brother. They were cut in the same cloth, kapani-paniwala ba kay Evan na ilang taon din nitong hindi ikinagat ang kanyang pangil?

When we finally acknowledged our mate bond, wala kahit isang babae ang nagpakita sa akin ng pagseselos o kung anumang reaksyon na maaaring gawin ng isang babaeng dating pinaligaya nang mga ekspertong pangil.