Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Puzzles

I've felt his miseries, pain, sadness and even the intense fear. Na sa kabila ng kapangyarihang tinitingala ng bawat mag-aaral ng unibersidad na ito, may bagay silang hindi nalalaman. Evan's weakness, fragile state and his another side, my prince with his warm tears.

"W-Why didn't you tell me earlier? Hindi mo na sana pinatagal nang taon, Evan. Maiintindihan kita." I cupped his face and I lowered myself to kiss the trail of his tears.

Hinawakan ni Evan ang mga kamay ko at marahan niya itong ibinaba sa aking kandunga. He's still kneeling in front of me while his thumb was gently caressing my cheeks.

"Do you think I could ruin you, Naha? You were too carefree when I first met you. Everything was light you with, your cheerful smile, silly jokes, teasing eyes, innocent laughter and even your mischievous seductive acts. You were perfect without the idea of you being a pureblooded vampire, the only female vampire born from the most loathed bloodline. You were my innocent, Naha. And I want you to stay that way." My tears fell with his last words.

"B-But how about you, Evan?"

"I-I don't care-" umiling ito sa akin.

"No, hindi dapat ganyan Evan. Hindi dahil makapangyarihan ka, matalino at kayang gawin ang mga bagay na naaayon sa'yong plano, hindi mo na kakailanganin ng tulong. To fight alone will never be righteous if you have your mate who's willing to fight with you."

Huminga nang malalim si Evan at hinawakan niyang muli ang dalawa kong kamay, sa pagkakataong ito ay mas mariin ito.

"Now I could understand brother, why they wanted to keep their mates in the dark. How they tried to solve the problems alone, because they're all afraid. Natatakot ako Naha." Muling yumuko si Evan, sa pagkakataong ito ay nakalapat ang kanyang noo sa magkadaop naming mga kamay.

"I now remembered my brother, Zen. Rosh told me that he's already fine with his daughter and wife, you know? I've witnessed how he suffered with his mate and I even told to myself not do to the same thing as him. But just like what Lily had told me, kinain ko ang mga salita ko Naha. Here I am, kneeling in front of you. Getting mad and crazy on how to protect you."

"Evan.." I gently brushed his hair.

"Sinabi ko sa sarili ko na hindi kita hahayaang makaranas ng lahat nang naranasan ni Claret, my brother's mate. She was once in human world too, Naha and she was greeted by the vampire world by its endless complication. I vowed to myself that I won't let you experience her pain, I will never shower you complications, I will not let you live bringing heavy responsibilities and the only thing that you would ever do to this world is to love me. Marami akong plano, sa'yo, sa ating dalawa, na handa akong gawin ang lahat o pumatay kung sinuman ang magtatakang sumira sa mga plano ko sa'yo, sa ating dalawa."

"Evan..hon.." muli kong sinalubong ang kanyang mga mata.

"This," itinuro niya ang kanyang sentido. "Itong talinong ibininigay sa akin ay hindi magkakaroon ng halaga kung hindi ko ito gagamitin para protektahan ang babaeng pinakamamahal ko. This damn brain is useless, if I didn't protect you from this cruel world. I hope you understand, Naha." Ilang beses akong tumango sa kanya.

"N-Naiintindihan ko Evan, j-just tell me.." bumaba na ako sa aking upuan at isinalampak ang sarili ko sa sahig at mariing niyakap si Evan. "Tell me what to do, anong maitutulong ko sa'yo Evan."

This time, Evan cupped my face and he pressed a kiss on my forehead.

"You need to leave this university, isasama ka ni Rosh sa Parsua." Suminghap ako sa sinabi niya.