Go as the creepy brother from stranger things

I'd been sat in the library for the last hour surrounded by books, trying to catch up on a mountain of school work. I was in my own little panicked, flustered world which was probably why when Xavier crept up behind me and shook my shoulders, I thought I was going to have a heart attack. My ratty sleep-deprived self, turned around a hit him on the arm.

I gave a sympathetic smile to the librarian who was glaring at us for interrupting her precious silence.
'That was mean.' I crossed my arms and tried to give my angriest expression, which probably just made me look constipated.

He sat down in the chair opposite me whilst he tried to contain his laughter.
'I'm sorry but that was just too good of an opportunity to pass up.' He didn't look sorry at all.
'You look like a gremlin sat there surrounded by all your books.'

'Thanks that's just what I wanted to hear.'
I really needed to finish off this work but I'd been sat here in the same muscle aching position for ages, so a break wasn't going to kill me. I put down my pencil and sat back in my chair stretching all my limbs out.
'As you're here and conveniently on a free period, that you forgot to mention when I asked earlier if anyone was free to help me with homework. We can use this time to talk about a certain person whose name rhymes with Tara.'

He groaned and flopped back in his chair.
'See this is why I didn't tell you I had a free. That and I wanted to play basketball with the guys.'

'Pleaseeeee.' I gave him my best pouting face and fluttered my eyelashes.

'Fine. But only to stop you pulling a face that, makes you look like you're having a seizure.'

I smiled triumphantly whilst ignoring the dig he just made at me.
'So, when did you first realise you liked her?' I asked leaning my arms on the desk and resting my head in my palms.

'Probably when I first met her.' He leant forward mimicking the position I was in.

'And when was that?'
It was becoming apparent I was going to have to be slow with this one to get details.

'When we were about 11 I think.'

'Awww that's adorable. Why have you never done anything about it?'

He looked at me like I was crazy.
'Duh because she doesn't like me like that. I'm just her annoying friend.'

My heart hurt when I saw how defeated he looked.
'You don't know that. For all you know she could be in the exact same position as you.'

'I doubt it. Plus, she's got tonnes of guys going after her, I wouldn't stand a chance.'

It had slipped out in conversation with the girls before that Zara was a bit of a serial dater. However, it was clear from talking to her that all of them had ended up in the friend zone and she'd never had a serious boyfriend before.

'She has yes. That's because she's stunning, funny when she's not being a pain in the ass, and has the kindest heart. She has guys going after her but I know for a fact that none of them mean anything to her. Plus I'd just like to add you're not exactly lacking in the girl department.'

I swear every time I passed Xavier when he wasn't with one of the gang he had a different girl floating around him. I have also seen that boys phone contact list and how he manages to remember who is who is beyond me, especially Ashley 1-5.

'I guess. That still doesn't mean I'm going to do anything about it. Her friendship means more to me than anything and I'm not going to risk it.'

'Ok that's fair. I just think it's a shame, you'd be perfect together.'
I wasn't just saying that to make him feel better, I really did think their personalities matched really well. They're opposites but they balance each other out. Zara can be impossible sometimes but Xavier is a voice of reason and she listens to him. Xavier is mister jokester, always playing pranks and taking the piss but Zara never gets annoyed like the rest of us do. She takes it and she can deal it too.