The End

2 months later

'Evie hurry your ass up otherwise you'll miss the bus!'

'Shit, I'm coming!' I shouted down to Taliah.

I shoved my phone in my back pocket and grabbed my bag knocking over a pile of books off my desk in the process. They clattered into a mess on the floor but they'd have to wait until later to be tidied up.

I raced down the stairs, almost bumping into Lindsay in the process.
'Slow down roadrunner.' She laughed. 'Here, a letter came in the mail for you.'

I took the letter out of her hand and shoved it in my bag without a second glance.
'Thanks!'

'Wait! If you're not going to have breakfast at least take this with you to eat in the car.'

I caught the breakfast bar Lindsay threw at me and laughed.
'What would I do without you?'

'I'm thinking more about the unlucky person that's going to be sat next to Miss cranky on the coach because she hasn't been fed.'

'Oh ha ha! I'm not that bad!'

'Yeah! If you say so hunny.' She opened the front door for me and waved to Taliah who was already in her car. 'Have fun at the theme park!'

'Thanks!' I shouted before racing down to Taliah's car.

'You took your time.' She huffed as I shut the passenger door behind me. 'I was about to leave without you.'

'You're just pissy because you have to stay at school whilst I'm on my special "favourite student" school trip.'

'It's so unfair!' She moaned. 'It's almost the end of school so it's not like we've got loads of work to do. Why can't they make an exception and let me go too?'

'Because you're not "gifted and talented".' I flicked my hair and gave her a smug look to rub it in.

'Such bullshit.' Putting the car in reverse she pulled out of the drive.

10 minutes later we'd parked in the school car park and were walking up to the bus where a few teachers and kids were already waiting.

'Hey Evie, do you think they'll notice if we stow away on the bus?' Xavier asked when Taliah and I reached him and the rest of our group. Along with me, Paige, Tom and Harrison were the only ones in our immediate friendship group that had been awarded a gifted and talented, meaning everyone else had to stay behind at school. It was safe to say that like Taliah they were all a little salty about being left behind.

'Are you kidding? Mr Bennet will sniff you out straight away. He's like a bloodhound.'

'She has a point.' Jennifer agreed.

'Ok well what about if we ditched school and met you there?' Lucas tried.

'I think I'd be a little concerned if the teachers here didn't notice you all missing or if the teachers on the trip didn't realise you'd all joined.'

Xavier stomped his foot and whined like a child.
'Damn, it's so unfair.'

'How about we all go together this weekend? Make it like an end of year thing?' Zara suggested. Thank god she did because I had a feeling her boyfriend was on the verge of a full blown tantrum. This made his eyes light up.