Sorry but I'm busy washing my hair

'Everyone on for going to Hal's diner?'

A chorus of exhausted voices agreed. It was the end of a killer football practise and I think we were all in agreement today that we couldn't wait for it to be over. Instead of the usual cool afternoon, lit by hazy sunshine, today was overcast and drizzly. If I ever needed a reminder of home it was a day like today.

We were all on our way to the changing rooms when one of the guys asked about Hal's.

'Eve you in?' someone asked.

I shrugged as I tried to tame my damp soon to be triple in size curly hair.
'I don't know.' I turned to my ride home for an answer. 'Are we Harrison?'

After a while I felt bad asking Taliah to wait around for me to finish practise. She said she didn't mind as it meant she could get all of her homework done before going home but Harrison started giving me lifts back so it's become a bit of a routine.

'Evie's in.' He confirmed as he ruffled his hands through my damp curls messing up any attempt I'd tried to neaten it. The shit.

'Cool see you there.' Eric one of the youngest on the team said before pushing his way into the locker room along with the other guys.

I nodded in response and turned to a sweaty Harrison who had held back from the group.
'See you in a sec.' I said before making my way into the girl's locker room to get changed.

Once I was dried off and changed into warmer clothes, I met Harrison at his car and then we headed off to Hal's.

'Do you have any plans tomorrow after school?' Harrison glanced over at me quickly before turning back to the road.

Tomorrow was Friday and thankfully that meant the weekend was almost here. It really had been a long bloody week.
'Nope I don't think so.'

That was obviously the right answer as he nodded in approval before responding.
'Well you do now.'

I like this assertive side of him. I could be a stubborn as hell but that didn't mean I didn't like him bossing me about. It made me feel like he was my, Oh I don't know, my boyfriend?

Trying to keep my attention on reality rather than imagining us being a couple, I distracted myself with replying.
'And what exactly have I got myself into?'

'Well we've been learning about how to take cool water shots in photography so I thought I could experiment with you. As long as you don't mind that is?'

He could ask me to jump through a hoop at this point and I would say yes.

'I also thought you'd like to see some more of the photos we've taken so maybe we could do that and we could take some shots in my pool? What do you think?'
I watched as he drummed his fingers on the steering wheel to the faint music in the background and wondered for a split second, was he nervous?

'Sounds good to me.'
Although, the thought of looking through photos of me makes me want to cringe. I definitely wasn't a model and I bet I looked like a wally in most of the ones from the other day.

'Good answer.' A green eye winked at me before we pulled into the car park outside Hal's.

Most of the guys were already there when we walked through the door and they beckoned us over to their table.

Joseph got up as I approached and made the guys budge up for me.
'Make room for the little one.'

'Little? You may not want to make fun of someone's size my friend, especially before you've seen these muscles.'
To prove my point, I pushed back the sleeve of Harrison's hoody (that I was still wearing) to show my measly biceps.