2

Thursday September 17th

-tatum-

"You're aware we're supposed to be meeting, right?" he chuckled.

"Uh yeah, why?" I asked.

"You look a bit thrown off." he said sitting down.

"I actually am, she told me you were a junior." I said.

"Haha, I'm technically a junior but I'm a senior since I'm trying to graduate a year early." he answered.

"Oh that's cool, but why would you want to go to college early?" I asked.

"I've already met all the grad requirements and taken all the classes I have to. Now, less about me and more about you." he said putting his binder and textbook down.

"Actually, scratch that. Let's get started." he added.

"Can we start with the reassessment?" I asked.

"Actually, we have to start with the mini assessments then work our way up." he said.

"Great, let's get to it." I smiled.

+

Porter and I sat in the auditorium eating lunch,

"You know you could've eaten earlier, right? You didn't have to starve yourself for my sake." I laughed.

"Yes but I wasn't that hungry since Lexie and I stopped at Starbucks for breakfast." she said.

"Oh I see, anyways where are Lexie and Emma?" I asked.

"Working. Lex's shift ends at 7 and Em gets off at 8." she said.

"How about we pay them a visit?" I smirked.

"I thought you're meeting with your tutor after school?" Porter asked.

"Oh shit. I forgot, and I also have practice." I sighed.

"Speaking of your tutor, spill everything about him." she answered.

"His name is Jacob, he's a junior but he's graduating a year early so technically he's a senior. And that's all I know at this point. " I said.

"Wait- Whitesides?" Porter asked.

"Mhm, I think so." I said eating my mac and cheese.

Porter almost dropped her salad,

"Port, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Oh my- haven't you heard?" she asked.

"Heard what?" I asked.

"Oh wow, you're one of the most popular people in school considering the fact that you're that captain of the varsity track team and you don't know the tea?" she asked.

I shook my head looking at her,

"Damn, you're slow for a sprinter." she joked.

"Just tell me the damn tea." I said.

"So you know how I told you about the sex god athlete?"  she said.

"Mhm." I hummed sipping my lemonade.

"That's him." she said.

"What sport?" she asked.

"Umm you mean sports. Led our school  to states twice for swim and dive as an underclassmen. He's been playing on varsity lacrosse, baseball and soccer.  This season he's our starting quarterback and he's probably gonna be the assisting coach for the wrestling team." Porter said.

"Damn and may I ask how you know about the sex god part?"  I asked.

"He and my older sister had a thing when she was a senior." Porter said.

"But Reese was a senior when we were freshmen." I said slightly confused.

"Yeah she was. Which means he was 14/15 when he screwed my 17 year old sister. Now that I think about it, Reese could've caught a case." Porter said.

"She really could've. Anyways, when's Reese coming home?" I asked.

"I think in two weeks. For Layla's birthday. She's having a big ass party for her 14th." Porter groaned.

"Oh yeah, I think that's what Imogen was telling my mom about. She's practically begging my mom to go." I said.

"Seriously? She's still grounded?" Porter asked.

"Yeah it's only been a week and a half. You're forgetting that she tried to sneak her friends inside the house when no one was home. She still has 2 and a half weeks left." I answered.

"Yikes! One month?" She questioned.

"Yup." I said.

"Wait what time is it?" I added.

"1:30. Why?" she asked.

"I have to meet Jacob in 5 and get changed for practice. Coming over tonight?" I asked.

"Yeah I'll swing by at 5 and you have to spill the details." she said.

"Gotcha. I'll see you later and thanks for lunch Porter!" I smiled walking out of the auditorium.