10

Monday September 21st

-tatum-

I finished getting ready and grabbed my stuff,

"Good morning mom." I smiled kissing her on the cheek.

"Good morning, love." she smiled.

"You're not mad at me for what I did to Imogen yesterday?" I asked. 

"No, not at all. She was out of line and I'm glad you didn't stoop low to her level. You were mature about it." She said.

"Okay because I thought you were mad." I said.

"Nope. She's grounded for another month and your dad is cutting her phone line. She's also not allowed to go to Layla's party. I don't know why she's been acting out so much." she said.

"I don't know why either but she needs to stop." I said.

"Well here she is. Maybe you can ask her." she said.

I grabbed my Mango Naked smoothie out of the fridge and looked at her,

"Morning." she said grumpily.

"Morning." My mom said.

"Where's breakfast?" she asked.

"Oh I'm not making breakfast anymore. You make your own now. Tatum can make her own breakfast and clean up. You're damn near 14 and you should be able to do the same." My mom said.

"Mom! That's not fair!" Imogen argued.

"I don't want to hear it. This is final. Any problems you have, you can take them up with your dad." My mom said.

I grabbed a granola bar and said goodbye to my mom,

+

The day was going by pretty fast,

Before I knew it, it was 11:35 and I was heading to meet Jacob.

"Hey, what are we working on today?" I asked sitting down.

"Not much. Just the last page of your review packet." Jacob said.

I grabbed my folder and a pen out of my bag and started working,

"I had fun." he said out of the blue.

"Hm?" I questioned.

"This weekend. Your friends are really cool, and you're super nice. We haven't even known each other a week? And you invited me to hang out with you. That's super cool. You're such an open and sweet person and I love that." Jacob said.

"Awe thank you. And it was no problem, my friends seem to really like too. I just want us to have a friendship and talk even after you're done tutoring me." I smiled.

"Well that's definitely gonna happen. And speaking of tutoring you, our last session is Friday." he said.

"Why so soon?" I asked.

"Because your grade is back up at a 87.6 and you don't need to see me anymore." He fake pouted.

"That sucks. But we're still on for this weekend right?" I asked.

"Yeah, still need the details though." He said.

"Okay swing by after school, Porter and Emma will be at my place." I said.

"Okay cool, I have practice so maybe around 4:30 I'll stop by." He said.

"That works." I smiled.

+

"Okay guys Jacob is coming over. No stupid shit." I said.

"Since when did you care so much that he's coming over?" Emma asked looking at a magazine on my bed.

"Since he became friends with us and he's cool." I said in a duh tone.

"Okay. If you say so." Porter said.

"So you wouldn't fuck him?" Emma asked.

"Emma!" I groaned.

"Answer it, yes or no." she said.

"Yes! Are you happy now?" I laughed.

"Yes now we're gonna get you your back broken and this time not by a scruffy dude in the woods." Porter joked.

"Okay shut up." I laughed.

"Oh yeah are we still taking Layla to the mall?" Emma asked.

"Uh no, she had soccer practice today." Porter said.

+

"So we'd have to leave Friday like right after school." Jacob said.

"But practice." I chimed in.

"We can just skip it. It's not like you've skipped practice multiple times this season." Jacob said.

"That's true. So we'd pack Thursday night and meet at here at 2?" Emma asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"Okay sounds like a plan." Porter said.