7

Saturday September 19th

-tatum-

"Did Porter go get ready and grabbed clothes?" I asked Emma.

"Mhm she's on her way back now but like you have no food in your house." Emma complained. 

"We're literally heading out in an hour. We'll stop somewhere and get food. But for now, check the pantry, there should be some chips in there." I said. 

"OOOO POP TARTS!" Emma yelled into the phone. 

"I'm pulling up with the girls now so, yeah come open the door please." I said. 

"Gotcha." she said hanging up. 

Layla, Imogen and I ran inside, 

"Okay change of plans Em. We got a 4th person tagging along." I said. 

"Eww please tell me it's not Lexie, Porter and I are still pissed at her for the stunt she pulled yesterday." Emma said crashing on my bed. 

"Ew hell no! I'm still pissed at her too and she hasn't even called us to say anything." I said. 

"I know it's annoying now tell me who." Emma whined. 

"Jacob." I said. 

"Whitesides?!" Emma said. 

"Uh yeah-" I started 

"DUDE HE IS SO HOT BUT LIKE ISN'T HE YOUR TUTOR?" She yelled getting excited. 

"Yes he is but not so loud for the people in the back or in Australia." I joked. 

"So are you guys like friends or..." she trailed off. 

"Yeah at this point we're friends and after he's done tutoring me, I hope we still are because he's cool." I said. 

"Mhm. Just cool?" Emma smirked. 

"And smart and athletic now, did you go home and get your stuff for tonight?" I asked. 

"Yeah dude and I put all of our clothes and pajamas from last night in the washing machine when I got back." she answered. 

Porter barged in, 

"Change of plans, Imogen is staying over at my house since we won't be back till pretty late." She said. 

"Okay, can you drop them off real fast while Emma and I wait for Jacob?" I asked. 

"Jacob?" Porter questioned. 

"Oh I invited him to tag along with us. If that's cool?" I asked. 

"Yeah totally, as long as it's not Lexie. We're cool." She said. 

"Highly agree with you on that one." Emma said.

+

"Hey are you guys ready?" I asked. 

"Uh yeah I'm just curling my hair a bit." Porter said. 

"Love that. Also Jacob is here."  Emma said running upstairs. 

"Hey you." I said opening the door. 

"Hey, you guys ready?" he smiled. 

"Almost but come in. It's Porter, Emma, you and I tonight." I said. 

"Oh, no Imogen and Layla, I see?" he joked. 

"No they went to Porter's house tonight since we're probably gonna be out late and it's an empty house." I said. 

"I see and Emma?" he questioned. 

Emma ran down the steps with her scrunchie in her hand, 

"Emma Chamberlain at your service, sir." She said. 

"Anyways, this wierdo right here is my other best friend Emma." I said. 

"Hey, I'm Jacob." He said. 

"I know. I saw your highlights from last weeks game. Great job my guy." She said. 

"Haha thank you." he laughed. 

+

We took Emma's Jeep again and we had music blasting out as we made our way through LA traffic, 

Jacob and I sat in the back as Porter sat in the passengers seat and Emma drove.

8TEEN by Khalid came on as we all sang along at the top of our lungs, loudly and off key.

"BECAUSE I'M EIGHTEEN AND I STILL LIVE WITH MY PARENTS, BUT THEY'RE NOT LIKE YOURS, WELL YOURS ARE MORE UNDERSTANDING. I NEVER FELL IN LOVE I SAVE THOSE FEELINGS FOR YOU SO LETS DO ALL THE STUPID SHIT THAT YOUNG KIDS DO! JUST ME AND YOUUUUUUU!" We all sang. 

At the end of the song we laughed at our stupidity, 

"Em, there is no way in hell we're getting through LA traffic and taking those pictures before the sun goes down. We're better off  grabbing food and heading back to my place." I said. 

"Yeah you're right." She said. 

"We can take them next weekend and make it a weekend thing. We can get a hotel and all that jazz." I said. 

"That works. Porter said. 

"Is Jacob coming with us?" Emma asked. 

"If he wants to." I said. 

"Jacob?"  Porter said. 

Emma stopped at a stop light as we all gave him puppy eyes and whimpered. 

"Yes, I'm in but I have practice at 5 am. So what time?" he asked. 

"We'll figure it out back at my place." I said. 

"Are you guys hungry?" Emma asked. 

"Yeah, where do you wanna go?" Porter asked. 

"I'm down for anything." Jacob said. 

"Same here." I answered. 

"IHop it is." Emma laughed swerving lanes. 

"Oh god." I said.