Chapter 5

~Max POV~

We all got back into the room after the Hidden ran off. Ohm helped Dlive to the back of the room. This time he was stabbed in the abdomen. Ohm patched up his wound the best he could while we talked.

Dlive interrupted when I said that the Hidden was Adam. "There's no way that thing can be Adam or at least not the Adam we all knew."

"I know what I heard Dlive and that is Adam." I'm already convinced but Ohm and Dlive don't want to believe it.

"Yah well I know what I heard to Max and it was not a laugh. When I ran out he was right behind me. One hand covered my mouth and the other...." Dlive shivered as he trailed off. "He whispered into my ear 'New toys.' His head was up against mine to where I could feel him smile. That thing is a monster."

"Dlive!" Ohm got between us before I could get to him.

"Calm down you two, this is not the time." Ohm is the only one with a level head right now.

"So what are we going to do? If we don't get you actual medical treatment you’re going to bleed to death." I said as I gestured towards the blood that was staining his clothes.

"I don't know about you two.... but there's no way I'm getting out of here alive." Dlive grunted as he clutched his shirt. He has to be in a ton of pain.

"We're not leaving you." Ohm stated. "Even if we try to leave he'll kill us."

"Not if we make a deal, he likes to have fun so there's no way he's not going to take the offer."

Both Ohm and I know what he's talking about. We all talked it through for about 10 minutes and decided Dlive is right.

"Alright but are you sure?" None of us want to go through with this plan.

"Yes."

"You're not weak Dlive." I said shaking his hand.

He squeezed my hand. "No I wasn't, just scared I guess...... Ready." We shook our heads and open the door.

~Adam POV~

The door the three soldiers were hiding behind began to open and one of them started talking. Something about making a deal. Wonderful.

"If you let my comrades leave this room you can do whatever you want with me."

I jumped in front of the door so they could see me then moved away letting them know I accept. As soon as they were out I rushed into the room slamming the door behind me.

"DLIVE!!!" one shouted through the door.

"Come on let's get out of here."

"Dlive? Why does that sound somewhat familiar?" The solider was laying up against the wall while he held his bleeding gut.

"I don't know.... is your name Adam?!" This guy is just adding on to my curiosity.

I knelt down in front of him and brought my knife up to his cheek.

"Sorry but I don't know who I was, but I'm sure you have some answers." I pressed the tip into his cheek drawing blood. He was pale from the amount of blood he has already lost.

"At least Ohm and Max are escaping from a monster like you." He whispered barely loud enough for me to hear.

"Max?! I remember a Max. He must be more important than you were if I remember him."

He chuckled "I'm sure he was."

"Since you've helped me so much I'll make your death faster." I grabbed his shoulder, lifted my knife to his chest. He yelled in pain then was silent.

"Time to go catch 'Ohm and Max'. Hmmm"

It took less than a minute to catch up with them. I came up behind one of them, cutting deep into his leg.

"Argghh!!" Music to my ears. He fell to the ground and rolled onto his back holding his leg. I saw his face.... he's useless to me. The other went to his side yelling his name.

"Ohm!! Ohm you have to get up!!" He bent down to where I couldn't see his face. 'So you must be Max.'

"Adam stop!" I was around the corner and just froze.

'Why do I know that voice?' I jumped behind him. "Who are you?!" He jumped and turned around with his shot gun up. I grabbed it, pointing it towards the ceiling as he pulled the trigger.

".....Adam?" I saw his face, his eyes. I know him.

"Max?" I let go of his shot gun and began backing up, then tripped and fell.

"Adam.... what happened to you?" He walked over.

"Max sorry to interrupt but could you help me." He ran over to the other.... To Ohm.

~Max POV~

"Ohm! Wha... why is there so much blood he only cut your leg."

'Shit what do I do?!'

"He nearly cut my leg off..." I looked at his leg; the cut is deeper than I thought. He's lost so much blood. Too much.

I looked over at Adam, he was just a blur sitting there. I helped Ohm sit against the wall, he flinched in pain as I moved his leg.

"Damn it... go easy on me Max I don't have much left in me."

"Sorry."

"Max you have to get out of here."

"I can't leave you too." He just sat there staring at his bloody leg. I looked back to where Adam was but he was gone. My heart started racing.

'Where did he go?! Is he going to kill me....? Is he back to himself....?’ I looked all over still no sight of him.

"Max....." I turned back to Ohm. He was holding his hand up, it was covered in blood. I grabbed his hand and looked into his eyes.

"You have to find a way out. You don't know what he'll do if he comes back."

"And you?" I don't have to bother asking but still.

"I can barely move let alone walk out of here. Even if you did manage to help me out we'd never make it back in time."

Ohm pulled me into a hug, whispered into my ear "I love you, good luck" then pushed me away "Go! Now!" I stood up and left him there.

Hope you enjoyed!