⎊ CHAPTER ONE ⎊

"Emotions aren't that hard to borrow, when was the word you never learned"
༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒

Chapter 1: Bad Dreams.

She was back in the chamber that was her Hell.

Small dark stains were splattered over the old grey leather arm of the chair that she was strapped into daily. Blood stains. Her blood, from the daily piercing of her inner elbow as they filled her small body up with sickening, poisonous liquids that would torment her mind for hours on end.

But today felt different.

Her eyes were nearly sealed shut as they swelled, and her legs scraped against the floor as they dragged her past the horrid chair, harsh fabric gloves rubbing painfully against her upper arms, but none of that was unusual.

What was unusual was the new and heavy weight on her back, and as she moved she caught glimpses of pure white feathers rustling as they moved behind her near-shut eyelids.

She swallowed back a choking sob when she realised that those were her wings-she had wings.

Her joy was short lived as she was thrown on a flat metal table, stomach first, and a blinding light was shoved into her bruised face. She didn't have the strength to wince or pull away from it, and she stiffened as they strapped her neck, arms and legs down.

She was confused and scared, and the only thing that ran through her mind was her Dad.

He had lied.

He had promised-promised-that they would never take her from him, and they had.

They always would. Hydra always won.

The realisation set into her gut like a dagger as she saw a few people entering her blurry vision, wearing surgical masks and great bulgy goggles, making them look alien or insect-like.

"Remove them."

A single command.

They took out a saw type instrument, and Lilly began shrieking in pure terror and agony as two of them grabbed one of her wings -the other one flapping wildly- and she began sobbing uncontrollably and loudly as they neared the weapon to the wing joint where feathers met her back.

Excruciating pain followed, like cracks exploding on a mirror as blood gushed out over her face-back-hands, and she screamed as the instrument moved back and forth-

Lilly woke up, a thin sheen of sweat covering her forehead as she panted heavily, still reeling from the dark dreams that had been haunting her ever since she moved in with her newfound parent.

Her hands found her back, searching frantically for the stubs that would have been left, but upon feeling a smooth and clean back, the only liquid being her sweat and not her blood, she let out s deep breathe of air, wiping her eyes hastily as she still fought to control her rapid breaths.

looking around, she couldn't find the light switch and her heart began to beat faster and faster and faster and faster and-

"Heart rate has increased. Miss Stark, shall I open the lights for you?"

The kind and trustable voice of the AI calmed Lilly down slightly, and her breathing slowed.

"Y-yes p-please." She breathed out, dragging a trembling hand over her face as she huffed out a breath.

She was out, she was out, she was out.

"Excuse me, AI Sir?" She asked, feeling slightly stupid for talking to thin air.