⎊ CHAPTER THREE ⎊

"Can we try to let it go, if we don't then we'll never know, I try to break through, but you know that it's up to you."
༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒

Chapter 3: Breaking In.
Lilly hadn't realised that she had fallen back asleep in the car, but she woke up a couple hours later to the view, still cold and snow-capped trees, sky darker that before. Night had come, and Lilly realised with a heavy heart that they must have been driving for hours, Tony without a break.

"Good morning, or should I say, good night?" Tony said as Lilly yawned, stretching her arms obver her head. She winced when she stretched too far, and Tony caught it, frowning at the road.

"That bad huh?" He asked, fingers drumming in the steering wheel uncomfortably.

"I've had worse." Lilly said, shrugging her shoulders. Tony breathed out a deep sigh.

Well, she wasn't wrong.

"You should go back to sleep, we still have a long journey." He said, changing the topic slightly.

"Nah, I'm already up. I can keep you company?"

"I was doing that already."

Lilly smiled when she recognised Harley's voice on the speakers, clicking off her seatbelt and launching forwards to grab the phone that was lying on the dashboard. Tony yelled in annoyance as the two excited 110year-olds began shouting over the phone at each other, reminiscing about how 'Super Harley saved the Day!' back in Rose Hills.

Tony waited for the two to calm down before he leant back car swerving slightly to the right as he plucked the phone out of Lilly's hand, ignoring her protests.

"Excuse me, can't you two be annoying when im not tryna save people? Harley, tell me what's happening, give me a full report."

"I'm still eating that candy. Do you want me to keep eating it?"

Lilly laughed at him while Tony looked mildly concerned.

"How much have you had?"

"Two or three bowls."

"Woah! That's my new goal in life." Lilly declared, falling back into her seat. Tony ignored her.

"Can you still see straight?"

"Sort of."

"Okay, and now it's not." Lilly said sheepishly, scratching the back of her neck. Tony rolled his eyes at their dramatics.

"That means you're fine," Tony said, speaking quickly, "Give me Jarvis."

"Jarvis? How long have I been asleep?" Lilly muttered to herself.

"Give or take four hours." Tony relpied.

"That's got to be a record."

"Even I've slept longer than that."

"no you haven't."

"Yes I have-"

"Can you two talk about your sleep schedule some other time?" Tony interrupted, "Jarvis, how aare we?"

"It's totally fine Sir," Jarvis' voice could be heard over the line, "I seem to do quitw well for a stretch, and then at the end of the sentence I say the wrong cranberry."

Lilly laughed out loud as Tony closed his eyes for a second of peace, muttering about hiw he was sorry for blowing up his Dad's car that one night, and how his karma needed to stop.