⎊ CHAPTER TEN ⎊

"Fire on fire, we're normally killers, with this much desire, together we're winners"
༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒

Chapter 10: New Friend.
Tony and Lilly (who had eventually caught up with him) stood before a door. After almost an hours journey of walking in the snow in almost silence, as there had been brief and curt words exchanged between the two, they had reached what looked like a small town, and Tony had found them a small and slightly more isolated and abandoned garage to crash until they had gotten everything under control.

He kicked the door down, and the suit fell through the doorway with a crash. He ushered Lilly in through the door, helping her take her poncho off when he saw her struggling to pull it over her head. He sighed, taking it off her and putting it on himself as he surveyed the garage-like room they had stumbled-or rather broken-in to.

Tony huffed in either happiness or relief at the cosy room, and began to heave the lifeless suit from the doorway and onto the sofa. Lilly tried to help him by holding one of the suits arms, and as soon as they heaved him on to the sofa the two collapsed besides the suit, panting from lack of energy.

"This will get you comfy." Tony huffed out, speaking to suit as he placed its arm on the armrest. Lilly turned the suits head, her smaller hands grasping on each side as she turned it to face Tony.

"Oh thank you." She mimicked, in a deeper, almost muppet-like voice. Her peace offering after those endless minutes in the silence, her previous words still gnawing at her.

"Oh yeah? You're happy now?" He scoffed, flipping the head forwards with ease as Lilly clambered back from around the sofa to lean her arms against the armrest, head in hands.

"Tony sighed breathing in deeply and tiredly, already falling back against the old sofa.

Lilly was quiet for a second or two more, but she couldn't take it any longer and she opened her mouth to speak, only to be beaten by Tony who spoke first.

"I didn't mean to make you angry Lilly," He started, not meeting Lilly's widening eyes, "I know it's been a crap life for you so far, and I get that," He turned to face her now, one arm around the back of the sofa while the other was resting on his jittering knee, "But Honey, I can't help if you don't let me, if you don't tell me what you need help with. Talk to me Lilly."

Lilly didn't look up from where she was quietly tapping her fingers on the arm of the suit, and Tony leaned back, face grim.

"I know," She spoke up, grabbing his attention, "I know, but I'm not ready to talk about it yet."

He nodded at her.

"I won't use the nickname if you're not comfortable-"

"I am, I am, sorry, I was just exploding at you for the wrong reasons." She said, sentence trailing off slightly as she gave an awkward laugh. He snorted, raising his eyebrows is a 'you think?' way.

"What now?" Lilly asked, breaking the comfortable silence with a yawn.

"Now," Tony started, rubbing his eyes with his hand, "We fix him-" a jerk of his thumb at the suit between them- "And get home."

"Home?" Lilly asked, smiling, eyes hopeful. Tony gave her a quick smug grin.

"Yeah home, where else?"

Lilly shrugged, crossing her arms and tucking her hands into her sides.

"I don't know," She mumbled, "I figured after everything that has happened, I could be more useful in a home or something."