⎊ CHAPTER FIVE ⎊

"Sometimes the only pay off for having any faith, Is when it's tested again and again everyday"
༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒

Chapter 5: Rising Tensions.

Warmth.

It was so warm.

Lilly's eyes opened to warm, clean sheets, the sun shining through the window, her white, thin curtains blowing faintly in the warm breeze.

The air was happy. Clean.

Pure.

She sat up in her bed, sheets rustling as she looked around. She didn't know where she was, it was no where she recognised, neither Hydra, S.H.I.E.L.D nor Tony's home, yet she felt protected.

Safe.

She felt safe.

She heard a faint laughter, leading outside of the room she was in, and she got out of bed, so light she was almost floating.

The laughter was outside of her window, echoing sweetly off the walls.

Lilly followed it until she was standing on the window sill, toes slightly over the edge as the curtain blew gently in her face.

A warm, fuzzy sensation spread out from behind her, bringing a smile to her face as she turned to see those wings of hers.

They never failed to come to her rescue, her anchor and hope on her back, supporting her through the air.

She closed her eyes, the breeze blowing her curls as she raised her arms, dropping down, readying her wings to glide up.

But she never did.

She continued to fall, down and down and down, and when she looked over her shoulders, those wings had disappeared, bursting into a cloud of feathers as the panic of falling set in.

She screamed, begging for her Dad to come-Come save her-

Lilly woke up gasping, unfocused eyes drifting over the room, burning slightly from the light.

An obnoxious beeping was ringing in her ears as she struggled to sit up. She breathed heavily as she realised were she was, a hospital room, a heart monitor by her bedside. It picked up it's pace slightly, the obnoxious beeping getting louder as her heart beat louder and louder in her ears, alerting the nurses outside her hospital room-Her posh and expensive looking hospital room-

Two of the nurses rushed in, one trying to push her down and calm her down while the other checked her pulse and the machinery surrounding her. They both began to attend to her, trying to get her to lie down, pushing her slightly, but Lilly began crying, crying because she was scared and alone, and crying for Happy-was Happy okay?-and for her Dad-She wanted her Dad, where was her Dad-

Tony suddenly rushed in to the room, slightly out of breath and panting, possibly from running, and upon seeing the ordeal he rushed to her bed.

"Hey-Hey! Lilly it's okay, breathe-breathe Honey, breathe." He stated soothingly, trying to get her to lie down, to calm down. Lilly stopped thrashing, but she still refused to lie down, gripping onto Tony's arms tightly as she stared up at him with tears in her eyes.

"No no no! Happy, he's hurt- You need to help him-"

"It's okay, it's okay Petals, I know, I know. I need you to breathe for me, breathe Lilly."