⎊ CHAPTER NINE ⎊

"I take another chance, take a fall, take a shot from you"
༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒

Chapter 9: Tennessee Hills.
"Miss? Sir! Sir, flight power is dropping before 5%."

Jarvis' voice rang out in Lilly's head, mind still foggy as she opened her eyes. They landed on a dark, but still white, scene, and she shivered in the metal suit's arms from the coldness of the metal, with nothing more than the shirt and jeans she had been wearing earlier, before everything blew up.

Her eyes started to focus more, and soon she realised that it was snow she was flying over, and that her Father's still sleeping self had locked his arms around her small build, holding her as he slept. But if he was sleeping...who was driving this suit-

Lilly shrieked as she was dropped a little, the suit's arms weakening slightly at the joints from the cold and letting go. Her feet barely scraped over the towering trees, and she gripped on to the arms that held her tightly, digging her fingertips in the groves of the overlapping metal.

"Tony? Tony!" She began shouting over the wind, voice higher with panic as she was dropped further again, the trees now scratching her legs, tearing her jeans slightly.

Inside the suit, Tony's eyes snapped open, breathing heavily as his brain realised that he was currently holding on very loosely to his falling daughter, flying uncontrollably over somewhere where there was a lot of snow-no where near Malibu.

The two began screaming as they descended closer and closer to the ground, and Tony moved his arms up to try and steady himself, dropping Lilly. She fell through the trees, covering her face with her arms as her hands got scratched, and she tumbled onto the snow, rolling once before lying there, staring up at the night sky as smoke left her mouth from the cold. She heard the suit crash not so far away, and she stumbled to her feet, still very dizzy, and tried to find her Dad. It wasn't a very hard find considering the very obvious red paint that stood out in the white snow.

She reached him, rubbing her arms to create friction as she tried to warm her hands on the arc reactor, but frowned when no heat energy was emitting from the soft blue light. She tapped his helmet twice.

"You okay?" She asked timidly.

"Peachy." Came the answer, his robotic voice slightly staticky. He pulled the front face helmet off from  the rest of his helmet, sounding still out of breath from the fall.

"Are you okay?" He asked, lifting his head from off the ground to look up at her, his eyes scanning her shivering body for any injuries, "Anything broken?"

"Peachy." She mumbled. He let out a breathy, pained laugh.

"It's snowing right?" He asked her, reaching up to shake some snowflakes out of her hair, smoothing it down, causing her to tuck some of it behind her ear, "What are we, upstate?"

"We're five miles outside of Rose Hills, Tennessee." Jarvis responded. Lilly didn't know where it was, but from Tony's groan she guessed it wasn't very near to their warm home.

"Why?!" He half yelled in annoyance, "Jarvis, not my idea!" He exclaimed, and Lilly continued to rub her arms, cold. He saw this.

"Cold?" He asked.

"Nothing I'm not used to." She mumbled, earning a slightly worried look from Tony. Lilly shook her head at him, smiling bitterly at herself when she realised that she had never told him about the countless nights she had in the cold.

"What are we doing here?" He asked Jarvis again, still annoyed with the obviously misfunctioning AI, "This is miles away, I gotta get Pepper, I gotta"