Scene 9: A nerve-wrecking job-interview!

you see the world through Isaiah's eyes

You arrive at a moody-looking office of sorts. You are a at the last floor, the boss' room. Slowly, Mr. Cypher walks past his bodyguard, Mr. Biggums, overshadowing the situation.

You leave the elevator, following his lead. Walking past the bodyguard, you only hear some scuffled moans

*Groan* *HmmPh*

"A big, black teddy-bear, made of pudding", you think to yourself.

You are shuddering for your life, remembering what happened before the two of you stepped into the elevator.

No-one else is here, no potential witness. There's the bodyguard, but he's on Mr. Cypher's payroll.

You stand in front of Mr. Cypher's desk. The desk is beautiful. Masterfully crafted with dark wood, its texture is reminiscient of paths cutting through the forest ecosystem at night.

"Truly a desk for a CEO leading an international corporation of this scale", you keep thinking to yourself.

"Please, have a seat." Mr. Cypher raises his voice, keeping it unusually calm considering the past five minutes.

How does a man of his stature and status keep his cool? Perhaps handling such situations, or rather people such as yourself, added to his experience. That must be it.

You remind yourself that you are taking part of a job interview. Even though you will only be a 'worker bee' at a toy company, it'll still be your first real job. You finally have the chance to make your parents proud. You don't want to fail Sensei Yurl. Perhaps if you are indeed able to change your relationship with the Boss for the better, maybe you can see the blonde girl more often, maybe not just as an acquaintance, but something else.

Each and every one of your actions will have to be perfectly crafted by your mind. The way you sit, the way you speak, the way you address your future boss. How you talk about the job, in what manner you'll present your experiences, how you'll present yourself.

You are motivated.

 You want to make a good first impression, maybe you can leave the past behind.

It all starts now. Sit down, Isaiah.

.

.

.

.

*TooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooOooooooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooot*

"W-w-w-whaaat...?" You wonder: "what's going on"?

*pfpbbfbfbfbPbbfbfbfbf* You hear your stomache grumbling furiously.

It appears the burrito you ate just half an hour ago, has left its mark. And for throwing it away, it has taken its revenge.

Mr. Cypher looks at you with disgust. Mr. Biggums is on his way to evacuating the facilities, thinking you are launching a gas attack. Bad news are: This room is absolutely air-tight. The fart, or rather the action you had masterfully crafted, specifically, to impress your future boss, will not be leaving this room anytime soon. ouch

With tears in your eyes, sitting on the chair (most likely worth more than your parent's annual income) and holding your stomache in grief, you put one last effort into salvaging this lost situation:

"I-I... am... sooorry" you grumble under tears and gasps for air, considering the embarrassment.