SUB: YURL'S EVENTFUL PAST

It's great that I can always fall back on Sensei Yurl, but he hasn't always been this way. I mean, he was similar, but in comparison to how he used to be, he is pretty 'chill' and relaxed.

I can only explain the way he had relinquished his past to me...

In the mannerisms of Sensei Yurl himself:

Hi. I'm Yurl Bayerl. Currently I'm a teacher at a mixed-grade school.

However, I wasn't always such a 'goody-two-shoes' guy as some may call me due to my profession. I had a loving, caring family. Really, my parents were great. Even my somewhat older brother was relatively ok. From the beginning he was considered to be the overachiever.

Pff, righteous bastard All the while, I was considered the younger, yet smarter, delinquent-type.

Of course, I attempted to never display my clever side to anyone, of course some of my brighter teachers would catch on. I'll get to that in a minute, though.

I wanted to use my intelligence for myself.

As stated beforehand, my parents always considered me to be the part of the two siblings to measure up to the older brother. Well, I did the exact opposite. Ever since middle-school I wanted to earn money to gain my own independence and freedom. Other children liked toys, candy, perhaps some early versions of videogames and consoles.

Yet, I preferred money. Funnily enough, my monthly 'loans' from my parents were only a portion of what my brother would get.

So I started my own businesses. At this point of the story, most people would claim they 'weren't proud of what they had done', for me, it's the exact opposite of these knuckle-wits.

I'm proud of what I did, not everyone at that age was as well-informed, rational, or even as wise as I was. Enough bragging though

The businesses I ran were quite interesting, looking back at it now. I believe that every businessman needs some sort of goons, or lackeys, even. So I had a small pack of bullies which followed my command, they'd get a portion of the share, of course. Nonetheless, I considered myself quite astute for not disclaiming how much I actually earned in comparison to them. My first business was one of deception. Using a small group of popular students that were well versed with the classroom population, I gathered a list of richer and wealthier ones to prey on.

We targeted those with the gaming consoles that came out during that year. Some of those idiots would leave them in their backpacks when going out to breaktime, funny, huh?

Anyhow, I asked some of my goons to take em' out of their backpacks, take out the internal batteries, and close em' back up. Thus, they wouldn't really notice anything changed if done correctly. Furthermore, upon 'witnessing' that they'd have problems launching their console at all upon their next playing-attempt, I'd offer to help them out for a small price, as my father worked for the company that produces the consoles (total lie) Then I'd just take the console home, put the batteries back in, and get my money. I made a tens-of-thousands of yen from that first business. Of course, eventually I got caught. Anyhow, a few years after that I got mixed up with some really bad things. Drugs, gangs for example..

I was nearly expelled from high-school, too. When I was about to start with university, my older brother had gotten his first child, which I absolutely adored from the first moment I laid my eyes on her. She was a cute little redhead.. Aww As my brother noticed this adoration of mine, he saw it as a chance to f**k with me damned bastard..

One day he just came up to me and said:

"You know what, yoyo? (that was the nickname given to me by my brother) I just thought of something. If you want to be a good uncle, or even a father one day, I'm giving you this chance to change your ways and avenge yourself. I want you to go and get an honest job, because if you don't, you won't ever be allowed to visit my daughter again."

After which I promptly punched him..

All the same, there was no way around it this time. I had to at least pretend to be working a decent job this time. Or how he'd say it: helping humanity and our youth.

A few years passed, and I kept on studying in university. Initially, I wanted to become a finance and business major, as I was keenly aware that I had it in my blood. So for the first three years, I was studying stocks, business, finances, all that good stuff. My brother, of course, kept his part of the deal. I missed the time in which my first niece would be growing up...

After I was about to finish my major (I was extremely fast when it came to Uni) I was caught up in an event which changed my life. Whether it was for the better or worse is still left to be decided.

When I came back from studying at the University Library one day, I became involved in a reckless fight. One other university student was being beaten rather roughly by some goons. Which caused me to reflect on my past a bit Of course I had to jump in and fight them off.

What happened next really f**ked me over. Turns out, I became a suspect in the investigation due to my past as a delinquent. Welp, guess who got kicked out of University because of that!

Indubitably, my brother heard the news. Gotta say, he wasn't all too happy about that.

Therefore, I returned to the only place that I could call home after that, my old school.

I certainly had to beg for a job after the discussion regarding my University exilement.

After a few days of begging, I landed a job there as the part-time janitor support. Great, huh?

I wasn't even the real janitor, I just helped him out whenever he needed help.

One day, however, things turned to the better.

While I was busy cleaning the halls, I overheard a discussion of high-school students.

They talked about stocks, maths, finances. Basically, things right up my alley. So I joined in on the conversation. As it turns out, my absolute favorite teacher was still working there.

She noticed me giving advice to the students. To make a long story short, she approached me and wondered what I was doing as a part-time janitor, when I was so knowledgeable about the market. We got into a rather detailed conversation, and a few weeks later, she helped me obtain a job as the financial instructorial teacher. It turned out she was next in line to become the School Principal. Funny, huh?

However, I needed a second subject to teach, so I just went along with English. Which is how I met Isaiah. I mean, did anyone think I met that dumbass in any of my finance classes?

Isa reminds me of how I used to be in the past. I loved hanging out with him after school, as we talked about business ideas and my past. Now, I'm even able to visit my niece again.

After all that had happened, I consider these two my real family.