Chapter 26

Draco's POV

I gulped. It was finally time for me to be brave, like a Gryffindor, and ask Amara Zabini if I could marry Hermione. But I was too scared. Yeah, me, Draco Lucius Malfoy, was afraid. Afraid of asking his girlfriend's mother for her hand in marriage. I mean, wouldn't anyone be? I slowly raised my fist to knock on the door, but the second I did, the door swung open, revealing Amara Zabini. "Draco? What are you doing here?" She asked. I swallowed nervously. "I, uh, I came to ask you something." I replied. She nodded. "Of course, come right in." Mrs. Zabini said, and held the door open wide for me to come in. I stepped inside, and marveled at the beauty of her guest room. I mean, yeah, it was my house, but I'd never been allowed in some of the guest rooms, including this one. "Your room is beautiful." I stated, and she looked surprised. "Why thank you Draco. Your mother and I designed it. Now, what did you want to ask me?" She replied. I gulped. "I, uh, I came to ask you for Hermione's hand in marriage." I whispered. "I'm sorry, I didn't catch that Draco." She said, looking at me questionably. "IcametoaskyouforHermioneshandinmarriage." I said again, this time very rushed. "Draco dear, are you okay? Please, slow down if you want me to understand you. Is it something very important?" She questioned. I took a deep breath."Uh, yeah. Sorry about that. The question I'm trying to ask you is very nerve racking. I guess I'll go out and say it now. May I have Hermione's hand in marriage?" I said, speaking clearly for once. Mrs. Zabini gasped. My eyes widened. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, it's fine, I completely understand, I'll leave at once!" I exclaimed. She laughed. "No, no, Draco, it's absolutely fine! I give you my blessing, it is a miracle that this is happening, because your mother and I have been hoping this would happen ever since we found out about Hermione still being alive and at Hogwarts!" Mrs. Zabini said. "Thank you so much!" I exclaimed, and without thinking, rushed forwards and hugged her. She laughed, surprised, but hugged me back. 

I ran out of the room, and into my mother's room. "MOM! SHE GAVE HER BLESSING!" I screamed, overjoyed. My mother came out of the bathroom smiling. "That's great Draco! Now all you have to do is plan a big over the top date, and propose!" She replied. I scoffed. "Yeah, that's all." I replied sarcastically. My mother rolled her eyes. "Draco, you've already asked her on a date for today, I'm sure you can just plan it even more, Amara and I will help you!" She exclaimed. "Fine." I huffed, and sat down on the bed. 

I made sure that Pansy and Blaise kept Hermione busy, while we planned the extravagant date. I peeked out the window, and saw Hermione, Pansy and Blaise, taking a stroll in the gardens. Suddenly, Blaise stopped, and threw snow at Hermione and Pansy, who were walking ahead of him. "BLAISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I heard Pansy shriek. "BLAISE ALESSANDRO ZABINI, YOU ARE SO GOING DOWN!" Hermione yelled, and I knew that Blaise was scared now. Both the witches teamed up and charmed the snowballs to follow Blaise around and hit him repeatedly. (Anyone remember a scene like this in the books?) I laughed and fell out of the chair I was sitting on, startling my mother and Mrs. Zabini, who looked at me like I had three heads. "Draco dear, are you alright?" My mother asked. I nodded, still trying to contain my laughter. I looked out the window again, and saw that Hermione had been video-taping the whole scene, which caused me to laugh even harder. "Sorry, they're doing something funny outside." I said in between my giggles. (Um idk if Draco giggles exactly, but I like the sound of it!) My mother rolled her eyes. "Okay Draco, now get up and start working! You kinda need to do that before Hermione comes back!" Mrs. Zabini exclaimed. I nodded, and we resumed our work. 

Hours later, we were finally done. I sighed, exhausted from sitting and doing basically nothing. Yeah, I didn't help that much. It was mostly just my mother and Mrs. Zabini. "Draco, stop sitting around and go get dressed!" My mother said. I rolled my eyes. "Fineeeee." I replied, and walked off to my room. I opened the door to my room, and threw open my closet. I picked out a suit and tie, and grabbed some fresh roses from the garden. I then went to Hermione's room, taped a note onto her door, and scattered rose petals on the floor in a trail to the garden, where our date would be. The table was already set, and the gazebo was heated, with candles everywhere, and music playing. Then I sat down and waited. 

10 minutes later, Hermione came to the garden wearing a gorgeous green dress that matched the color of my tie. *Picture of dress at the top!* I smiled, and stood up to take her hand and lead her to her seat. I bowed. "My lady." I said, taking her hand. She just smiled and blushed at me. "Draco, this is amazing!" She exclaimed, and I smiled at her. When she was seated, I took my place. "Hello Hermione. You look gorgeous." I said. "Why thank you Draco, you don't look too bad yourself!" She replied, causing both of us to laugh. "Thanks." I said. Our food arrived, and we ate, talking about random things. It helped take my mind off the proposal, which I had memorized, and hoped was still stuck in my head. After dessert, I stopped next to her. "May I have this dance?" I asked. She nodded, and accepted my hand. 

We danced for a good couple of songs, before stopping and taking a walk around the gardens. When we reached the roses, which were her favorite, we stopped. It was finally time. Time to pop the question. I swallowed. Hermione noticed my expression. "Draco, is everything okay?" She asked. I nodded, and got down on one knee. 

Hi guys! So, Draco finally might be proposing to Hermione! Hahaha, I'm evil, it's a cliffhanger! Anyway, they're are only going to be two more chapters! Yes. You read that right. Two. I can't wait to write the last two chapters, as they are going to be really fun to write! Thanks guys for 4.3K reads, it means so much to me! Just fyi, I might not be updating for the next two weeks, I have midterm exams on January 14-16, and I have to prepare for those. Anyway, I love you all!

~Gryffinclawin1129 <3