Beasts in human form - Chapter 12

(Sienna's p.o.v)

"The surprise inspection must be canceled...","What ?! You mean my collection was destroyed for nothing ?!" The discipline committee that existed of Yuki and Zero wanted to come to the dorm,it turned out they won't come in the near future. I'm worried about them,they went into the city "Kaname I'll follow Yuki,it can happen a lot on her way" he looked at me and nodded "take care of her Sienna" I kissed him on the cheek and made my way into the city.

The last ray's of the midday sun are shining on to the whole city,what makes it easier for vampires to go out at this time.
Yuki where are you ?! I searched for a long time but couldn't find her or Zero at all....until I saw Zero in a restaurant that sells soup.
"Zero !" Zero looked up surprised,the owner of the shop had a overwhelmed face when he saw me standing there. Zero rose sharply and grabbed my wrist as he pressed me against the wall.

"what are you doing here ?!" We had serious looks at each other's faces. "Excuse me,I know you have a nice reunion right now but don't do it in a public place...." the two of us blushed,Zero released me immediately and went to the counter to pay while I waited outside. He came out after a few minutes and pulled me into an alley "what are you up to ?" It seems like he is a little bit calmer now "Yuki....she followed you here,it's dangerous for a human to be outside at this hour....so i searched for her....without success" I could see the worried expression that he wore on his face.

Thick head then released me and gave me a white box. Without saying anything to me,he started walking down the streets with me following behind him,his silvery hair looking wonderful with the brilliance of the midday sun shining on it. "What is in the box ?" I asked as he suddenly stopped "cake....the owner of the restaurant gave it to me" cake ? How strange....well I'm happy about it,it's been a long time since I ate some cake. "You can have it....i have no use for sweet stuff" after that I laughed and went beside him,Zero looked at me a bit confused. "we should eat it together with Yuki and the headmaster later don't you think ?" He sighed and started to walk again. "Hey ! Answer me Zero ! I know that you like sweets too ! You ate my chocolate remember ? Hey stop ignoring me....wait up !!!"

After a while of arguing, we saw Yuki run away from something in the distance.
"Yuki ?" Zero and I nodded and followed her until we lost her at some point.
We were in a dark alley near a bell tower,Zero then found a trail of blood on the ground,when he wanted to examine it a level E tried to attack him. I used my power and shot the Level E with a great amount of wind against the wall. The Level E woman was anxious to get up, so i grabbed her neck in my supernatural speed,the wall broke apart by all the pressure I put on it.
"Think carefully about who you attack next time, I swore I wouldn't kill humans anymore but that doesn't count for creatures like you....who have lost their connection to humanity" then I let go of her and she stepped away,she made eye contact with Zero and was surprised. The Level E intended to attack him once again and ran at Zero but stopped in front of him. "You are one of us.....of us..." Zero looked shocked and pulled out his withdrawn weapon to shoot at the Level E.

"Shut up!" The bullet pierced her heart and she turned into dust that flew away in the wind "Zero....you" I wanted to touch him but he grabbed my shoulders and hid me behind his back. There was a little boy,who was a level E like the women he just killed "Ichiru..." Zero looked at the boy for a minute and whispered that name in a sad tone. That boy only glanced at us and laughed like a madman,he ran past us and jumped/climbed up the bell tower,shortly after that we heard A scream that resembled Yuki's voice. Zero and I ran up the stairs of the bell tower, in the middle of the way up to the highest point....Zero began to feel pain. "Zero What's wro-" he held up his hand when I tried to approach him "don't come closer !" His eyes were glowing red....he is thirsty.

I kneeled down and took him into my arms,Yuki was no longer in danger.....Because i could feel Kaname's presence approaching the level E. "Everything's fine....you must be thirsty....drink from me,it will quench your thirst and the possibly of you turning into a creature like the ones today will be a lesser problem, unless you want to attack an innocent human that is" I know very well that he always tries to suppress his thirst as best as he can but in a situation like this I can't afford to let him go berserk. Zero began to breathe louder and irregularly,he wasn't about to drink from me anyway,so I used my nails to open a sore on my neck. He glared at me rather angrily "w-why....do...y-you....h-have....to....f-force....me !","because I want you to live on and not spend your whole life with these pains" he lowered his gaze and observed the blood that flowed down my neck.
"But....if you really don't want to drink some of my blood and attack humans....your choice...." I got up and slowly walked down the tower. Before i disappeared from Zero's reach, he grabbed my wrist and turned me around as he started licking my neck.