Temptation - Chapter 21

"You look beautiful Sienna....I'm glad that you decided to come with me." As announced, the soirée takes place at the underground mansion of our hosts, the Aido family. "Thank you....it isn't common that we actually attend to a soirée we are invited to. So I've made sure to go all out on the dress etc." Kaname steps closer, extending his hand towards me. I immediately take a step back, avoiding his touch "don't,don't touch me...." he slowly drops his hand.

(Flashback)

Yesterday, I slept on our bed, alone. Seems like Kaname wants to sleep on our sofa....his problem. Slowly dragging myself out of bed, opening the door which leads to the office/living room. Laying on the sofa I saw him, resting his arm on top of his eyes. The light must be a bother to him....he's constantly moving. I walk to the curtains to close the gap where the light shines through, letting out a heavy sigh in the process. It must have bothered you...sleeping here, alone, with the sunlight annoying you.

Why do I even care ? Both of us revealed parts of the real thoughts that were locked deep inside, we were hurting each other. Suddenly i heard a crash behind me, when I turned to the noise, Kaname stood right in front of me. "What do you think you're doing Kaname ?" I ask him, narrowing my eyes.
He opens his mouth to say something, but closes it again. I don't feel comfortable with him standing so close to me "Kaname what is it ?"

"I won't apologize for my actions, because everything I do is for a good reason. You should know how important you are to me....I don't want to lose you. I would do anything to keep you safe, just as I will for the humans." I close my eyes, letting his words sink into me. We lived together for thousands of years, you should know him Sienna.
Is it the first time he acted like this ? No it isn't. The man standing in front of you is your beloved, with whom you share many good and bad memory's and achieved so many things with. Stop acting like a obsessed child Sienna, stop being angry at him for having secrets from you. However, I'll not forgive him for limiting my freedom.

"Kaname...I'll forgive you for having secrets from me, though don't expect me to just forget the fact that you treated me like your possession and limited my freedom. I'm not as weak as you think I might be." He avoids eye contact and stares at his chess pieces. "I guess you're right...how about we start over ? Let's slowly work on both of our flaws, together." I nod at him, while smiling happily. "Doesn't mean we will act like before okay ? I'm not sure if I'm ready yet." Kaname nods understandingly, showing his gentle smile.

(End of flashback)

"Sorry, I'm taking it too far aren't I ? You won't be able to avoid my touch forever....at least not at the soirée. Aristocrats really love to spread rumors" I sighed, continuing to style my hair. "I'm aware of that Kaname, it's not my first soirée. You were the first to introduce me to them after all." I said while looking at his reflection in the mirror, placed on top of the small table I sit at. "Your hair became dry, how about a bath with rose petals ? It will do good to your skin and hair." He's trying really hard to make up with me isn't he ? "No, I don't need it....please leave, I'm not ready yet."

He smiles at me, trying to not seem like he cares about anything I say. Don't try to act like you're not affected by my words. I saw a glimpse of sadness in your eyes...so why aren't you telling me how you feel about my words ? Tell me that you hated the choice of my words. I've been waiting to see you trust in someone again. To at least, trust me. On the day that you've found me, you shone your light on me, giving me hope and a reason to live. But...was it the same for you ? There was always something missing, something that I couldn't give you. Have I forgotten ? What was it that you've desired ? What is it that you've been searching for ?
Wait...wasn't there someone ? A woman that he traveled with ? I remember that Kaname was pretty fond of her.
"Hey ! Stop it ! You're thinking about useless stuff again!"
"Useless ? What was useless of all the things I've thought of just now ?"
"Everything ?! Goodness ! You're a pureblood ! And a strong one at that. Why would someone like you, think about someone as useless as Kaname Kuran ?!"
I don't know to whom that female voice belongs to, but I have a feeling that I can trust her.
"Do you even listen to me ?!"
"Oh,yeah i am"
"Good...patience isn't my strength"
"Who are you ? Show yourself ! If we are able to talk trough our minds, than you can't be far away."
*sigh*
"You really like to ask questions do you ?
Well,for starters,Let's say, I'm here to protect you"
"Protect me ? From what ? I'm sure that I can protect myself"
"Believe me, not this time, at least not in the state you're in,right now"
"In the state I'm in ?"
"Exactly ! You're supposed to be a woman who rules over men ! You never think twice before making a decision. Sienna Kuran is someone strong, mysterious, independent, charismatic and intelligent queen."
"Stop calling me queen....I've never been strong, it's just an act I like to put up."
"Lie....you've Lied just now....what you mean is, you're holding back. For whom ? Kaname ? Your child ? The good for nothing humans ? Honestly I don't understand why you love humans in the first place.
They're so pathetic, weak and if that isn't enough, they're traitorous, false, lustful beasts. We supernaturals are nothing compared to them hahahahaha !!!!"
"No ! Not every-"
"Okay ! Stop right there,princess ! I didn't come here all the way just to talk about these little insects. Oh...and by the way....all your chickenshit running around didn't help either. Kaname and you should just kill some of the students,they're sooooo bothersome.
"Hey ! I've had enough of you talking bad about the-"
"Oops, seems like its time for me to go..."
"Wait ! You didn't explain-"
"Ohhhhh by the way, look forward to meeting the emperor soon !"
What emperor ?! Why does she have to always cut me off mid sentence ?!
Ugh ! If I get a chance to talk to her again, I'll give her a piece of my mind.