5

*Colby's POV*

I groaned in pain before I opened my eyes. I'm in a hospital? I sat up and looked around the room to see the blonde from the barn, asleep on a chair in the corner of the room. Where am I and where's my family? I swung my legs over the side of the bed. "You shouldn't do that, you're still pretty weak." The blonde yawned which made me jump. "Chill, I'm not gonna hurt ya. That would be pretty pointless since we did save your life." The blonde sighed as he stood up and walked over to me.

"Where's my group?" I whimpered.

"You're parents are with our leaders and Joy is down the hall. Whilst you were out, Joy had a baby girl and both of them are doing just fine." He sighed as he stood opposite to me. I just nodded, not knowing what else to say. "You should probably eat something." He suggested as he picked up the tray of food from the bedside table and held it in front of me.

"Nah, I'm good thanks." I sighed as I looked down. He sighed as he sat down next to me, the tray still in his hands.

"Colby... Your mum told me that you haven't eate-"

"How do you know my name?" I asked as I looked up at him.

"Your mum told me. She also told me how you haven't eaten in five days because you gave all you food to Joy. You need to eat." He said in a stern voice as he pushed the tray of food onto my lap.

"What's the catch?" I sighed as I looked down at the food.

"Who said there was a catch?" He asked, he almost sounded offended.

"In this messed up world, there's always a catch." I replied as I looked up at him.

"No catch. Now eat it before it goes off!" He joked as he stood up and leaned up against the wall that was opposite to me. I picked up the sandwich and inspected it. "What is it now?" He giggled softly. 

"What is it?" I asked as I looked at the meat.

"It's ham." He answered simply.

"Really? How the hell do you have ham? You sure it's not human?" I responded. I kinda have trust issues since we encountered a group that tried to feed us human. another story for another time.

"Why the fuck would it be human?" He squealed. He sounded shocked and disturbed by my question.

"If you haven't noticed, this world is kinda messed up and some groups have resorted too cannibalism to survive. Trust me, I've ran into some of those groups. Are you one of them?" I sighed as I looked up at him.

"No! I can show you our livestock if you want. I'll show you where the meat comes from, if it'll make you feel better but we can't leave right know." He informed.

"Why not?" I asked.

"You need to eat before you can leave. Doctors orders." He sighed.

"Fine." I sighed before I took a bite of the sandwich. Well it does taste like ham so that's good, right? "There." I sighed as I put the sandwich back down.

"The whole thing Colby." He demanded in a stern voice. I sighed as I picked it up again.

"I never got your name." I said before I took another bite. He smiled.

"Sam, my name is Sam."

Word count: 579