11

*Colby's POV*

"Do you know how to use either of these?" Sam asked as he held up the rifle and bow. I bit my lip and shook my head. I was kinda embarrassed that I didn't know how to fire a gun or shoot a bow. I should know, it is the apocalypse after all. I watched as Sam sighed and put the rifle down. He handed me the quiver of arrows and I put it on, over my shoulder. He held out the bow and I hesitantly took it. I don't like using weapons because I could easily hurt someone. "Colby, you'll be ok. I'm here, don't be so scared." Sam whispered with a reassuring smile, obviously noticing I was nervous.

"I don't trust it. Or to be more correct, I don't trust me with it." I sighed as I looked at the bow. He grabbed my hand to reassure me.

"If you know how to use it properly, then you'll be fine and I'm gonna teach you." He smiled as I looked up. "Now, I'm guessing you're right handed?" Sam asked and I nodded. "Hold out your left arm please." He demanded and I did as I was told. Sam put an arm guard on my arm before he gave me a finger guard. "That goes on on your right hand to protect you fingers." He informed as I put it on. "Ok. Stand sideways with your feet shoulder width apart. Hold the bow with your left hand and draw the string back with your right hand, all the way back to your nose." I did as he said. "You've got quite good form, are you sure you haven't done this before?" He smiled as I carefully pointed the bow back down to the ground and looked at him.

"Nope." I answered truthfully.

"Want to try and shoot that walker?" He asked as he pointed to a walker.

"Not really." I sighed as I looked down.

"Colby, you have to learn sooner or later." He informed as he walked over and pulled an arrow out of the quiver that was on my shoulder. He handed me the arrow. "This is the sight. You look though this to aim." He said as he pointed to the sight on the bow. I nodded as I put the arrow on and drew it back, aiming for the walker. I took a deep breath before I released the arrow and it hit the walker in the shoulder. 

"Damn." I whispered to myself as Sam walked back over.

"That was really good for you first try!" He smiled but I just sighed. "Let's try again, huh?" He smiled as he pulled another arrow out of the quiver and handed it to me. I put the arrow on and drew it back again but this time Sam stood behind me. He held my hand that was holding the bow and he rested him head on my shoulder.

"W-what are you d-doing?" I stuttered as I looked at him. I felt my cheeks blush.

"I'm helping you aim." He whispered. Luckily he was so focused on aiming for the walker that he hadn't noticed me blushing. I looked forward at the walker. "Ok, shoot now." He whispered and I release the arrow, hitting the walker in the head. 

"I hit it!" I smiled and looked back at Sam, who was still had his head on my shoulder and his hand on mine. Sam smiled as well. He looked me in the eyes for a few seconds before he realised the position we were in. Sam jumped back and looked down. Was he embarrassed?

"W-well done, y-you did really w-well." He stuttered, looking flustered.

"Thanks." I smiled.

(I have no inspiration for this book so I'm gonna end it pretty soon. I'm writing a Colby x reader book, would you guys like that or should I think of something else to write? Let me know and comment, don't be shy! Please talk to me.)

Word count: 669