14

*Sam's POV*

I had been in our dorm room for what seemed like forever and it was killing me. I hated not knowing what was going on or where Colby was. God, I hope he's ok on his own and no, I am not a control freak, I'm just worried about him. I'm really worried about him to be completely honest. My footsteps was the only sound filling the room, I'm surprised that I haven't got a noise complaint from downstairs. "That's it." I grumbled to myself as I walked to the door and reached for the door handle. I jumped as the door opened to reveal Colby. "Colby!" I squeaked as he looked up at me. He walked in and closed the door behind him. "A-are you okay?" I asked as I put my hand on his shoulder. He just sighed. "Colby? What happened?" I asked.

"David is getting ready to go to war with the raiders." Colby sighed as he sat down on my bed and looked down. He didn't look or sound like Colby, more like an empty shell of him. I sat next to him and put my hand on his back.

"Colby? Don't worry, everything is going to be ok." I smiled trying to reassure him as I rubbed his back.

"No! No, we're not going to be ok." He shouted, making me flinch. "It's happening again... We're screwed." He whimpered as he hid his face in his hands.

"Hey, don't say that." I whispered as I scooted closer.

"But it's true. They're going to destroy this town, just like they destroyed my town." Colby cried as I pulled him into a tight hug.

(Really short chapter, sorry!)

Word count: 284