17

Two weeks had past and there had been no sign of the raiders which Colby found odd because with Colby's camp, they made contact and then a few hours later they came back and destroyed it. It was Sam and Colby's day off. Sam woke up and stretched before he jumped out out bed. "Colby?" Sam yawned as he looked up to the top of the bunk bed but to Sam's surprise, Colby wasn't there. The room was silent as Sam thought about where Colby would be so early in the morning. After putting on his clothes, Sam walked out and made sure to be quiet because other people in the dorm were sleeping. Their dorm was the tallest building in the town so you could basically see all the town from the roof. Sam decided to go to the roof to see if he could spot Colby. 

Once he was on the roof, he spotted the brunette, sitting on the edge and watching the horizon. Sam walked up and sat next to Colby. "Hey. What are you doing up here so early in the morning?" Sam asked but Colby just kept his gaze on the skyline. "Colby?" Sam asked. Colby pointed to the horizon and Sam looked to see a beautiful sunrise. "Wow." Sam whispered. Even though he had lived in that town for years, he never thought to sit on the roof to watch the sunrise. Colby looked at Sam and smiled. The blonde was so memorised by the beautiful sky that everything else seemed to disappear. "It's so beautiful." Sam whispered.

"Just like you." Colby accidentally let slip.

"What?" Sam asked, pretending like he hadn't heard what Colby had said. 

"Nothing." Colby blushed as he looked away. 

"Okay." Sam giggled softly as he blushed as well. Sam shuffled closer to Colby and laid his head on Colby's shoulder. As Sam laid his head On Colby's shoulder, Colby jumped slightly and looked at Sam. A smile tugged at Colby's lips as he blushed and looked back at the sunrise.

"I said just like you. The sky is beautiful, just like you." Colby admitted, not sure if it was the right thing to do. Silence filled the air. "Sorry, you're probably not even into guys. I shouldn't have said anything." Colby whimpers as he looked down to the side. Sam sat up to look at Colby.

"Who said I wasn't into guys? Who says I'm not into you?" Sam smiled which made Colby look up at him.

"Y-you like m-me?" Colby stuttered, surprised at the situation. Sam chuckled and nodded before looking back up into Colby's eyes.

"I have since the first day I saw you in that barn." Sam shyly smiled. Colby smiled back as they both started to lean in, both giving the other time to pull away but neither of them did. They finally closed the gap and kissed. Since both of them wanted to do this since the day they met, the kissed was full of love and passion. They pulled away and looked at each other before they both giggled softly. "You don't know how much I've been wanting to do that." Sam chuckled, his hand still cupping Colby's cheek. Colby blushed and smiled.

"You can do it again if you want." Colby whispered as he started to lean in again. Sam chuckled and started to lean in too. Before they could kiss again, a massive explosion happened at the north gate. They looked at the smoke as it rose up into the sky. "The raiders?" Colby whimpered as they stood up.

"I think so." Sam said before Kat ran up to them.

"Guys! They're here. We have to go to the armoury, now!" Kat squealed. The boys nodded and followed her to the armoury. As they were getting geared up, Sam looked at Colby to see he was pale and shaking.

"Colby?" Sam asked as he turned to Colby but Colby carried on gearing up. "Colby." Sam said as he grabbed Colby's hand which stopped Colby.

"Huh?" Colby sighed as he looked up at Sam.

"Breathe." Sam whispered in a calm voice. "It's gonna be ok." Sam said which made Colby look down and whimper. "Col-"

"Okay, come on! Let's go!" David ordered and everyone started to leave the armoury. Colby didn't even look up as he left with the group and Sam watched before he ran out as well.

(Last chapter tomorrow)

Word count: 741