15

*Third person POV because I prefer it lol*

After a few hours, Sam had finally managed to calm Colby down and got him to go to bed. Colby had tired himself out from panicking about the Raiders, that he almost instantly fell asleep as soon as his head hit his pillow. Sam on the other hand had just been lying awake, staring up at nothing, just thinking about the future and Colby. He didn't want to say anything to Colby but he was actually terrified about the Raiders. Sam just put on a brave face so Colby wouldn't get even more worried. Sam rolled over so he was facing the wall as he sighed. 'What if Colby was right? What if we don't beat them?' Sam thought to himself as he hugged his pillow. 

"Please don't.... I'm sorry." Sam heard Colby whimper from the top bunk bed. He sat up and listened. Why was Colby up and who was he talking to? Sam waited for a few more minutes, just listening to Colby whimper a few more words until the brunette started screaming. The blonde quickly climbed up the ladder, only to see Colby thrashing around in his sleep. Colby wasn't talking to anyone, he was just having a nightmare. Sam crawled and sat next to him, putting his hands on Colby's shoulders. Colby was still in his nightmare, screaming and crying.

"Colby! Colby! Wake Up!" Sam whisper shouted as he shook Colby a little bit. The brunettes eyes shot open and he immediately looked around the room, fear written all over his face. "Hey. Hey, it's ok. I'm here, you're safe." Sam reassured as Colby sat up, covered in sweat. The blonde still had his hands on the brunettes shoulders in an attempt to calm him down. "What's wro-" Sam tried to ask before he was cut off by Colby hugging him. Sam wrapped his arms around the sobbing brunette's waist.

After a few minutes of them hugging, Colby finally pulled away and wiped the tears off of his cheeks. "I'm sorry." He whispered as he looked down, embarrassed.

"Hey, it's ok." Sam whispered as he gently lifted Colby's chin so they were looking into each others eyes. Sam gave Colby a sympathetic smile and Colby just sighed. Sam looked at the clock on the wall and sighed. He turned back to Colby. "Try and get some sleep ok? We've still got rounds in the morning. Well I guess it is already morning... We've got rounds in a few hours so try and get some sleep." Sam sighed with a smile as he started to climb down the ladder.

"Please don't leave!" Colby squealed as he looked up, stopping Sam in his tracks.

"I'm not going out, I'm just going to my bed." Sam informed as he looked at Colby and Colby just looked down.

"Please stay with me, here." Colby whimpered as he looked at the spot beside him. Sam got the hint and climbed back up, laying next to Colby. Colby smiled to himself as he lay next to Sam. Colby wanted to snuggle up to Sam but he wasn't sure if that was ok with Sam so he lay as far away from Sam on the tiny bed as he could.

(This book is gonna end in three chapters)

Word count: 554